Getting back into p90x and insanity hybrid shortly... And I want to...

Options
Hey there, Last year I did p90x and insanity as doubles, but had a lot of questions on how other users approached such situations as I wasn't able to keep up with the rigorous program

First question is how should I fit it in my busy schedule? currently going to college as a 9-6 working day, followed by a gym session between 7:30 to 10, followed by bed. (cycling everywhere, 10 mins to each location)

I'd be happy to do p90x in the morning, my hour and a half break would be quickly making food and digest it as fast as possible. My usual session in the gym would involve stretching and cardio for the most part, eg light yoga, running on the treadmill ave. 9.6 km/h (interval) , 15-30 mins of rowing, followed by 30 mins of elliptical with heart rate high.

2nd challenge would be trying to find decent times to eat?

Would one eat before or after P90x in the morning? Would 6 small meals help with bloating?

I drink green/peppermint tea religiously with a tablespoon of lemon and teaspoon of honey or just lemon water religiously.

3rd challenge if I missed a day of working out due to some event/not being home. Should I try to resume where I left off or do today's and yesterdays work outs?

4th challenge deciding the right meals to eat.
I'd be happy to go into detail about my diet, but it's clean for the most part but i'm curious to what other peoples diets are. I'm a student and I currently live off veg/rice/eggs/muesli/bread/fruit. brown carbs, steam/boiled/raw for the most part.

5th challenge was to try and log the p90x and insanity work outs properly. (i only started using this again, i'm sure i'll figure it out with a fresh mind)

6th challenge was to know if I should have whey powder? or any other supplements?

7th challenge is trying to figure out why I still weight 190 pounds while i'm 5'7 (26 years of age)

8th challenge is knowing if i should ease off in the gym if i'm doing p90x and insanity at home? Is there more i should do in the gym? i find yoga helps from feeling stiff and sore

What other challenges should i expect with my new focus. any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Replies

• acantill
    acantill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. Do your first workout before your first class. Do your second workout an hour or 2 after dinner.
    2. Breakfast after your first workout, unless you wake up early enough that you can give yourself enough time to eat breakfast before your first workout. Lunch mid-day. Dinner after last class, before gym.
    3. Do yesterday's.
    4. Protein 50% of calories is what I do.
    5. Download the p90x/hybrid calendar from beachbody website
    6. Pre-workout before your workouts. Recovery drink after.
    7. Keep track of your calorie intake/output, BMI, and body fat percentage over time to see what is really happening. Calipers are more accurate than impedance testing for body fat.
    8. Depends on how you are feeling. Just make sure you are eating enough.