Two Year Surgiversary!

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
Wow, it's two years ago today that I had surgery. I had no idea how much I would change and in so many ways - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. It's been an amazing journey and I feel so blessed to have good health and happiness as a regular part of my life now. It's still surreal sometimes. I feel like I don't know the person I was two years ago any more, but I am still learning who I am now. This truly is a journey, and I am still going places :smiley:

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Happy Bariversary!
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Happy Bariveraary! I'm almost at one year, and I feel the same way. It's been transformative in so many ways.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Any words of wisdom that you can offer others entertaining the maintenance phase? I will be a year out next week and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • garber6th
    Options
    Trayjay33 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! Any words of wisdom that you can offer others entertaining the maintenance phase? I will be a year out next week and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I was feeling overwhelmed too. This phase of the journey is much more challenging to me than losing. My weight started to fluctuate a bit, I had to change things up to see what would work, went through and still going through some trial and error, but I know it will all work itself out as it should. I have never maintained at this weight, so it's a learning experience, and I have to remember that my goal is not perfection, my goal is to keep trying and to continue to find ways that work for me. Most importantly, be kind to yourself, be patient, appreciate all that you have done for yourself and the gifts that this journey has given you. Stick with the plan and you will do just fine :-)

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. You've done a great job, and it's wonderful that you stick around to help others.
  • abadee9
    abadee9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My surgery is in January.. you give me hope.. actually ALL of you give me hope with this wonderful group.
  • garber6th
    Options
    abadee9 wrote: »
    My surgery is in January.. you give me hope.. actually ALL of you give me hope with this wonderful group.
    All of the people in this group are great, the support and empathy I get here has been awesome, and there is nothing like connecting with people who are going through the same things as you are. Good luck with your surgery :-)