Losing Motivation Now C25K Has Finished

Options
nickip91
nickip91 Posts: 20 Member
Hi All,

I followed the C25K program religiously for the 9 weeks and made some awesome progress and really upped my fitness. I'm not quite at 5k yet, but nevertheless was very proud of my achievements.

The problem is in the last 3 weeks following the completion of the program, I have only managed 2 runs a week and to be honest have really not enjoyed them at all. I'm losing my motivation big time and not sure how to get it back.

I don't want to undo the hard work, but at the same time I just don't want to go out running!

Any hints or tips on how to get my head back in the game are greatly appreciated.

I hope you're all doing well with your training.

Thanks
Nicki x.

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Are you signed up for any C5 runs? That's how I'll be keeping my motivation. I plan to work on improving my times as the races approach (both are scheduled for fall). That way, I have another goal.
  • SvelteGirl
    SvelteGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You maybe take 30 minutes to run 5k? How about challenging yourself to do it one minute faster each week? My nephew is aiming at sub 20 mins by August. Of course he is only 21...
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You should start training for a 10k. I'm planning on running the Susan G Komen 10k this fall. Originally I wanted to run the 5k, but last week when I noticed I was running 3 miles and only stopping to walk at stop lights I figured I should up the ante. And I figured training to run a longer distance would keep me occupied (motivated) for longer.
  • kerstinpearce
    kerstinpearce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nicki

Would be interested to know if/how you or anyone else has managed to get back on track!

I completed my 5k before my holidays, but now I am back I am now trying to do the 5k improver to get my pace up, but with the colder weather rapidly approaching I am dreading going out and have only managed to get out twice in the last couple of weeks!
    I was so fired up doing the 9 week programme, I had a definite goal and a schedule....I have a goal and a schedule with this programme too but my motivation seems to have gotten lost somewhere....

I could sign up for a run for next spring but that is so far away.......

Anyone got any ideas?