Who drinks bone broth?

Options
2»

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread I am now keeping my bones (it's terrible to think of what I have thrown away! Ugh!)!!!!! I haven't tried it before due to an aversion to broth, but I believe I'm ready for the benefits! Thank you for this thread! :smiley:
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Because of this thread I am now keeping my bones (it's terrible to think of what I have thrown away! Ugh!)!!!!! I haven't tried it before due to an aversion to broth, but I believe I'm ready for the benefits! Thank you for this thread! :smiley:

Me too!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I live in Manitoba, Canada. My hairdresser shot a black bear about 3 weeks ago and gave me a couple of roasts, all of the ribs ends, then sawed up the rest of the spine with ribs into 3 pieces for me to make soup. He trimmed the rest of the meat off for himself and gave me the bones since he won't use them. I traded 6 jars of my homemade pickles, some homemade soap, a couple of kitchen towels I made and a spaghetti squash I grew for the bear meat and bones. Something out of nothing..... Just like bone broth !

The bear broth tasted good, lighter tasting than beef broth. I added salt and a bit of tamari to it when I drank it, will finish it off tonight.

Coincidentally, I too am Canadian (Ontario), and we've got bear "pepperettes" in our refrigerator as we speak.

One of my husband's coworkers is Native Canadian and can hunt anything anywhere. He also brought in goose jerky.

Nice! My view of what constitutes food has expanded, yet somehow going back to our roots.... Eating what is available from our surroundings.

I'm going to marinate a bear roast and cook it this weekend!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »

Glad it's helped ya and I feel the same way for all the bones I just threw out! I have been drinking it in place of my breakfast (easier to heat up a coffee cup of broth than a skillet for eggs lol). And also for late night (or anytime) snack if I get to wanting something low cal and good for me. It's very filling!!!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ettaterrell! As soon as I have enough bones, I will be cooking! Anxious to see if there are any extra benefits for me, though I'm sure there must be! Hugs!