My friends keep quitting...lol

Options

Replies

• edptanner
    edptanner Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Graymanstole. Good advice. Yeah, I will enter everything accurately. I find that knowing I have to put down a mess up for others to see helps me choose to not mess up.That's why I decided to get on here again, but this time I need to find friends.
  • mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you can add me too. I am shorter than you are, makes it hard! I have a little one (at 40 so now she's 5) so lots of tempting mac and cheese in my house
  • bekichitwood
    bekichitwood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lots of great encouragement here. Love the great advise from some of the success stories.
    I really do think it gets harder as you age (and yes, lose muscle mass) because I will admit that I don't have the muscle I used to.
    I'm unemployed right now and I have a new kitten so I spend way, WAY too much time in my recliner sending emails and web searching the help wanted's. Ive had success in the past setting a timer to get off my butt and accelerate my heart rate for 10 minutes with strength training and exercises.

Feel free to friend me, I'm a good cheerleader.

Let's do this today!
  • bekichitwood
    bekichitwood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food. This is far more important than weighing yourself. We often come on here and have the best intentions of logging everything accurately, but often we have no idea how much 2 oz. of pasta really is (it's depressingly little), so we put 2 oz when we just ate 7. I am proud of the weight I've lost, but if I want to continue losing I have to be certain the food I'm taking in is really the correct amount or I am sabotaging myself.

I agree about the food scale! I got a cheap one at Target and I have been really surprised sometimes. Surprised on the bad side and the GOOD side so I think its worth the investment and time.

Since I started this whole food tracking thing I've gotten so much better at my math and measurements. How many of your friends know tsp's, Tbsp's, cups and ounces vs. grams as well as you do?
  • sd8400ph
    sd8400ph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plz add me. I'm 47 & living outside the USA...missionary. I get so frustrated w the logging I quit and come back. But I'm back with some new motivation...weight gain. ☺️

@Graymanstole excellent reminder. TY!
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am on off and on all day. I am a 47 year old mom of 4 who has finally decided it is time to take care of me and my body.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    edptanner wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am 46 and need to lose 30 pounds. I only seem to stay on track for about a week. The minute I see progress, I blow it all. I've been losing and gaining the same 4 pounds for a year now. I'm hoping this place/people will somehow help me stay committed and break through my psychological barrier. I'd be delighted if anyone would add me. Thanks!

Hah! You're my Doppleganger! I'm 45 and started MFP again August 30 needing to lose 30 lbs. 2 months in and I'm left with 20 lbs to lose. The difference for me this time around has been getting through those first few weeks, choosing real foods and healthy meals the whole family enjoys, sitting down for meals, and weight trending. Hoping what I'm doing will continue to work. 10 lbs seems like a big deal to me now looking back, but it's been 2 months of watching closely what passes my lips (while trying to keep it balanced and not go hungry), and losing just under 1 lb a week. When I started, that loss seemed so insignificant - I wanted the weight gone NOW!!!! But I'm starting to trust in the process more, and I have hope. You've got this too! Don't lose hope. Feel free to friend me.
  • jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    21 days in. on the hormone diet. detox for sugar, dairy, gluten, caffeine .

• edptanner
    edptanner Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Runagain. I am so, so impatient. I want fast drastic results. I'll rember your example & try to stay consistent. 10 pounds in 2 months is better than the 0 in 2 months that is on my record because of my erratic approach.
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 42 and been doing this since the end of May. Lost 31.6lb so far another 23.6lb to go. I love all foods that you have to have in moderation (they're the ones that taste good, lol) I log in every day and my diary is also open :smile:

Awesome loss! Keep it up!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too!
  • Kekkling
    Kekkling Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You can add me if you like. Although my weight loss journey is complete (I lost 40lbs), I am on the maintain for the rest of my life phase now. Some days are harder than others but I have to remember where I started and keep telling myself that I don't want to go back there! It's never easy, I wake up most mornings not wanting to work out but once I finish it, I feel so much better. Motivation and hard work are a daily thing!
  • rocketmom4
    rocketmom4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use more friends who can relate. I'm 48 married with 3 kids at home 10, 12 & 20. I really have to pay attention if I want to stop gaining & start losing. Just started back using MFP 3 weeks ago. Would love being part of a support group.
  • daisychainforty2
    Options
    Late to this, but feel free to add me too. I have lost 14 kg and have about 18 kg to get to goal of about 66kg. I'm not from the U.S. But New Zealand, so weigh in kilograms. I am 43 and finding this time, I'm really changing my lifestyle to be healthier and enjoy being active. I am eating probably more than most, my thing is to eat how I need to to maintain , which for me, is still cutting back a heck of a lot. I'm finding my thought patterns to,food itself is changing for the better. But support is always a great thing.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Please add me :) I am on a 240 day streak and have lost 115 lbs so far :D
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am definitely not quitting. Down almost 20lbs, still have a ways to go but will get there.
  • crittergirl222
    crittergirl222 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar! I was a dedicated MFP logger and runner, also doing weight training etc. An IT injury sidelined my running, which started the whole domino effect that resulted in my gaining more than I lost. Now I am back at it (starting slow, don't want to get hurt again). I am 46, vegetarian, married and child free, and like booze (but have decided to limit in order to keep those calories from sabotaging me!). Have friend requested some above, feel free to add me. I am a daily logger, and will be very supportive. I am really serious! >:)
  • Steve__McD
    Steve__McD Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Also in my 40s and looking for motivated friends who will stick with it -- and have some fun, encouraging times along the journey.
  • Mystical_Mari
    Mystical_Mari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lexytay wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm 41, married and the kid has flown the coop. It is time for me to get in shape. Been on the site for a long time and have gone up and down. I like food...and beer...and I get cranky when I can't eat 2 pounds of mac and cheese....BUT, I got serious last month and am down 10 lbs with walking and watching food intake. I'm 5'2, and my CW is 179. GW is around 130. Looking for some new friends who are planning on sticking with it for a while. Thanks! :)

Hi! I just started linking MFP with my new fitness tracker and am on here seriously. I just turned 40 about a week ago. I have a teen daughter and my ex and I are getting over ourselves and getting back together. I need friends and motivation big time. I mostly follow. Paleo type of approach eating protein meat and veggies fruits and nuts. I get sick eating a lot of bread and can't do dairy.
  • Stephie1200
    Stephie1200 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi there! I'm living in Europe, 45 divorced with a 7 year old, I've been on MFP on and off for a year but been battling also chronic illness which has not helped with the weight! Health situation has stabilised lately and I've started dieting again, I've lost 10ibs and I need to loose another 10-12. Vegetarian and trying to avoid carbs, I've also recently started cycling to work when I can (starting in winter probably not the best time but there is never a best time lol). Feel free to add !