Motivation, Accountability and Support: October 12 thru October 18

Options
kaihunter45
kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
Hi everyone! I have four goals for the week:

1. Gym four times this week. (One complete)
2. Walk at least 5000 steps at least four times this week. (One complete)
3. Drink at least eight glasses of water everyday. (One complete)
4. Track everything I eat honestly.

My weeks run Sunday through Saturday so I'm a day ahead, lol.

Here's looking forward to an awesome and successful week for all of us!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Sorry i didnt stop in yesterday, it was Canadian Thanksgiving and we were so busy this weekend. i ended up babysitting my neice and my husband's ex-wife's baby from her new husband because she was going out with my sister. There was lots of pee and spilled juice in my weekend lol

My goals this week,
    1) reset from the weekend
    2) drink water
    3) keep moving slowly till it gets easier still

• kaihunter45
    Options
    Update:

1. Gym four times this week. (Two complete)
    2. Walk at least 5000 steps at least four times this week. (Three complete)
    3. Drink at least eight glasses of water everyday. (Three complete)
    4. Track everything I eat honestly. This is where I'm having trouble. I'm still adding extra food so that it looks like I'm eating more calories. It makes me feel secure.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Nice job kaihunter!
    HLaR79, sounds busy...do you celebrate with a huge meal like we do here in the U.S.? While I know Canada has it's own Thanksgiving, I will admit I don't know much about it. Typical American I guess. I am already thinking about healthy recipes for ours which is more than a month away.

My goal this week has been to have gluten once a day. I slipped only one day so far.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I think they are relatively the same, lots of food, lots to give thanks for! We dont however follow ours with the craziest shopping day of the year, we just eat too much then go back to work!
    This year i did not over eat, and at my midweek i had not gained any weight!

Still fighting the sore throat :( have to wait for ab ultrasound it will likely take months though!

Goals this week
    I recovered nicely from the weekend
    I am drinking more water again but still not enough
    I started using my pedometer, i dont move around lots so yikes its a huge shock but a good one

• kaihunter45
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

Still fighting the sore throat :( have to wait for ab ultrasound it will likely take months though!

Goals this week
    I recovered nicely from the weekend
    I am drinking more water again but still not enough
    I started using my pedometer, i dont move around lots so yikes its a huge shock but a good one

Take care of you and feel better soon. Great about your pedometer and I'm facing the water challenge too.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Its so hard to get into and stay into the habit of drinking water, i cant remember ever really drinking water as a child i am not sure we did, i make my kids drink lots of water and actually wont keep soda in the house. It should be habit for them, not this battle i face!
    I never even cracked 2000 steps this week so next week that will be my goal all week, then i will go up from there! Slowly i know if i push myself too hard i will just give up, but i have been here 245 days and only lost 3 lbs that whole time! That makes me sad! Back to the basics for me!
  • kaihunter45
    Options
    Update:

1. Gym four times this week. (Four complete)
    2. Walk at least 5000 steps at least four times this week. (Five complete)
    3. Drink at least eight glasses of water everyday. (Five complete - messed up on this one. )
    4. Track everything I eat honestly. Still over tracking. It feels like my security blanket for My weigh-in day which is tomorrow morning.

I think it was mostly a good week, but the scale will tell.
  • 280toGO
    280toGO Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you for the next week's accountability thread... :-) This week was a major flop for me. I got fired on Wednesday (well, notified that it would be my last week), on Thursday someone ran into my car on the way to work and totaled it (I am OK, just shaken up and severely sprained wrist). On Friday - major drama of my last day at school, and when my students found out at dismissal, I had 80 girls crying and pressing me against the wall... heart wrenching... They couldn't get them out of the building for twenty minutes...

Well, today is REEEEEST. I slept late, than went mushroom hunting with my daughter, and than took another nap. :smile: Really looking forward to a week off next week.

How do I set goals on here? When is the next week's thread going to be up?

I will see you around, ladies...
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the thread! Oh my, as a teacher, I know how hard it is to say goodbye to our students. And after three tough days no less.

Anyone can start the week's thread (and join in); usually it is started on Monday and goes thru to the next Sunday.

I made it through the week with gluten just once a day. It was tough as I really like bread, pasta, etc. So next week is week one of gluten detox which I am not looking forward to at all. Last time, it left me crabby, cranky and just plain moody. Ugh.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I finally pushed past my barrier, and got below 318, for 200 days down to 318 up to 321 down and up down and up, today 317.4 on the scale, yay, being sick has its benefits!! I have no appetite and only eat enough to keep my sugars in balance! Today i will sleep lots drink lots of fluids and hopefully end this cold/flu before it gets worse!

Water, i did better this week
    Resting up, i did give myself a chance to recoup which is hard for me to do
    Moving around, i finally broke 2000 steps on my pedometer for saturday shopping actually over 3000.