Week 2 Oct Check-In: Week of October 12, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 2 Oct Check-In: Week of October 12, 2015
Welcome to 4 months, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health 5 lbs at a time until the new year. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals, we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 4 month cycle last week on September 1, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

I will post a check-in thread every Monday (or the night before) but if you prefer to check-in on another day please do that. You can also check-in with whatever data you have from your most recent weigh-in or you can wait until your weigh-in day.

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 2015 goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

I'm headed off to work early this morning - I'll be back later to check-in!

To get started, please copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for October:
Net weight loss from October 1st:
Favorite motivators:
Resolutions for this week:

Replies

• spicklkm
    spicklkm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 5 pounds
    Net weight loss from October 1st: up 1/2 pound
    Favorite motivators: Pants are too tight!
    Resolutions for this week: At least drop the 1/2 pound from last week (and hopefully more!), no snacking after dinner (not sure why I have started doing this lately!)

I do my weigh-in on Thursdays and although I was pleasantly suprised on 10/1, not so much on 10/8 when I saw that I had gained! This is going to be one of those weeks with a lot going on in the evenings so if I can find a way to drop any weight at all this week, I will be happy!

Although it is frustrating when the number on the scale doesn't move, (or moves in the wrong direction!), I keep telling myself that I am in this for the long haul. Getting rid of the weight slowly is what is going to help keep it off. Also trying to focus on changes that I can live with, not just short term changes.

I hope you all have an awesome week!
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 5 lbs
    Net weight loss from October 1st: 0.5 lbs
    Favorite motivators: Fitting into clothes that are one size smaller
    Resolutions for this week: Track, track, track!

Sorry I'm tardy! Busy week so far! I'm off to a slow but steady start for October. I need to be consistent about tracking EVERY day. I'm trying! I hope everyone has a great week!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 8
    Net weight loss from October 1st:-6.3
    Favorite motivators: other's successes, the scales, smaller clothes
    Resolutions for this week: my main workouts are in the morning and what I do in the evenings is a bonus. So I want to get in more bonus workouts this coming week.