Calories

Options
Juniper3411
Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
I'm having a really hard time getting to 1300 following primal. Anyone else having this issue? I'm 5'4 154 pounds

Replies

• Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    At first I had a hard time getting to 1000 calories, until I realized that I was supposed to be counting EVERYTHING including cooking oils and beverages. Past that, I don't worry about getting to 1200 or higher because by the end of the day I have hit my nutritional goals. Having said that I have been known to add a couple spoonfuls of almond butter and a bowl of grapes to my evening whether I have come up short in calories or not. That's at least 250 calories right there. And the coconut, avocado, and olive oils are all about 120 calories per serving.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    so long as you are following the true paleo/primal you are not supposed to need to stay under a certain number of calories? everything I have seen says not to count those, but just to watch your serving sizes.
  • Juniper3411
    Options
    The only reason I'm counting them is to make sure I'm eating enough. I'm listening to my body and eating when hungry, stopping when full. I'm also tracking everything for my macros/carbs as well. Hitting those really well! The weight loss has been pretty quick and hasn't really slowed down (with the exception of my "TOM" week but then I had another big whoosh after that.
  • Juniper3411
    Options
    15 pounds in 5 weeks (though the first week was a lot of water weight of course)
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    avacado, olive oil on my salad, whole eggs (not just whites), maybe some butter on the veggies. I don't usually have to resort to nuts but that does it pretty quick, too
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend nuts to increase calories (many Paleo peeps might excuse them but they are just like grains) but I would recommend more fatty animal foods (ideally from grass fed or wild animals). Other than that, eat what you need, no more no less. I've been here a long time and calorie obsession didn't do me one bit of good in my entire life. Not then, not now. I know it's a hard belief/habit to break.