Looking for New Friends on South Beach

Options
ReNaLaBo1
ReNaLaBo1 Posts: 4 Member
Hi Everyone, I'm 55 and looking for new friends for support. I live in Illinois with my husband and son. Looking to lose about 35 lbs. I am doing the South Beach Diet which is a low carb and sugar diet. I walk at least 20mins a day 7 days a week, and try to get my 10,000 steps in every day with my fitbit. We can do this :))

Replies

• Divamomma
    Divamomma Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi I did a little south beach diet I Loved It However last year I take weight off & gain it back I admit I went overboard I did cabbage soup diet , I did a 21 day challenge simailier to sbd I did WW for 6 months.. I Talked to my Docs & They said South Beach Diet is the best plan for me.. I have to stay on phase 1 for a while I did the 2 weeks I just added in sugar free chocolate Its Livable & I'm Really Happy With It .. Support helps& I would also love to encourage you!! One Day At A Time Love My Life!!
  • jcmokriakow
    jcmokriakow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on a combo of South Beach, phentermine and metformin (for my PCOS) for 6 days and have lost at least 6 pounds so far! Loving it!
  • lauriekk22
    lauriekk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on it. Success in Phase 1, some slip-ups in Phase 2. Just joined a gym and I'm tracking like a fiend. I have a long way to go, but really motivated now. Friends would be welcome!
  • Bluedogeats
    Bluedogeats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering if there are still active SBD folks on this group? I'm headed into week 2 of P1 and will probably stay on that for a few months. Going a bit slower than I thought it would but it's a little different this time at 40 :wink:
  • MrsGolfie77
    MrsGolfie77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm returning to SSd after a long time away, I lost 25pds the first time and kept it off for about 3 years. I am married with three kids. Please add me as a friend so we can motivate one another! Im looking for female friends only.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A few of us are active in the "other" SB group, if that's a help.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8279-south-beach-diet-and-low-glycemic-response-eating