Two week shake time

Options
2»

Replies

• ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree on the make yourself a priority. I just didn't participate in food-based events, unless absolutely necessary, until 2 months out. I'm a single mom with two young kids, so I still made their foods, but I focused on stuff that's less tempting to me. After surgery, my cravings mostly went away, so it was a lot easier.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you. This is so hard. And you may get flak from family, especially since you're "messing" with their food. But you are also helping them understand how to care for you. Sometimes our loved ones need to be reminded of that. Good news is the hunger leaves after surgery. Well, for some months. And looking at tasty food doesn't come with near as much yearning. Good luck, sweety.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well I had my 1st breakdown and in front of my grandkids! They were especially ugly last night and was tearing my house apart. I started crying and couldn't quit. They all looked at me like I had lost my mind. But, they did started picking up their mess and getting ready for bed. I got hugs and apologies from all, but I felt bad, because normally their rough housing doesn't bother me. I think it scared them because I'm not usually a cryer. I actually think they were glad to go home this morning!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well I had my 1st breakdown and in front of my grandkids! They were especially ugly last night and was tearing my house apart. I started crying and couldn't quit. They all looked at me like I had lost my mind. But, they did started picking up their mess and getting ready for bed. I got hugs and apologies from all, but I felt bad, because normally their rough housing doesn't bother me. I think it scared them because I'm not usually a cryer. I actually think they were glad to go home this morning!

Awww don't feel bad, I'm glad they chipped in and helped and showed some love, they are learning to be sympathetic and loving people that's a good thing :) I know it sounds odd, but next time they come and trust I'm sure they will be back soon enough - kids are great that way (doubt they were anxious to go, probably just focused on something else - they might be back to rough housing and acting crazy and you will right in the mix just less of you ;) This is a very emotional time, it comes and goes - just feel it, you're doing great!
  • kimgravitt3
    Options
    Thanks joysie1970! I love your user name. My mom's name was Joyce. I lost her 18 months ago. She would be enjoying this journey with me so much!!!!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks joysie1970! I love your user name. My mom's name was Joyce. I lost her 18 months ago. She would be enjoying this journey with me so much!!!!

I am a firm believer that she is with you - watch for the signs ;) She is cheering you on I have no doubt!
  • kimgravitt3
    Options
    Thanks joysie1970! I believe that as well.....
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When I was living in the pre-op phase, it felt like an eternity and it was absolutely horrible. But now that I'm 3 months post-op, it seems like a blip. It's certainly the hardest part, but it's entirely necessary for both safety and psychological development. It made me realize food is not everything and helped me ease into the post-op eating plan. You can totally do this! Mine was 3 shakes a day with only liquids in between, like broth or jello.
  • kimgravitt3
    Options
    Thanks crepes_