Slowing Down

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
I will be 8 months out on Saturday and my weight loss has started slowing down. I know this is normal, and I'm not freaked out by it (only a little annoyed since I'm still 33 lbs. from my goal). However, I am looking for ways to change things up a bit so my metabolism doesn't slow too much.

Currently, I walk/run 4-6 miles M-W-F, do 45 minutes of kickboxing on Tuesdays and 45 minutes of yoga (along with some walking to get my 12,000 steps) on Thursdays. I stay pretty active on Saturdays (enough to usually hit at least 10,000 steps), and I usually take a rest day on Sunday.

I really want to hit that goal, and I know that NOW is the easiest time to do it. I did notice that when I cut out jogging as much after I finished C25K that things slowed down, so I'm incorporating more running back into my walking routine (nothing set - just run some, walk some, wash, rinse, repeat). Any suggestions for things I can do to keep my weight loss from slowing down too, too much?

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You are seriously active. Everyone says adding in some strength training is the best way to motivate your body into losing more weight. maybe try to fit in some weights/body weight exercises on M/W/Sa.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I've been trying to build up some core and upper body strength through the yoga (doing planks, etc.), but I'll add in some good old-fashioned weight training as well to see if that mixes things up.