New to Keto. My accountability and introduction post.

Options
Hey! My name is Felicia. I'm 25 with a daughter and stepdaughter & from Tennessee. I'm over 100 lbs overweight. I have pcos and bipolar disorder. Now that my bipolar is under control with medication and therapy.. I'm ready to tackle this weight loss head on. I have goals and motivation... For now. My problem is and always will be staying dedicated. I'm the type of person who gives up if she doesn't see results in a few days. Which is unrealistic I know. I am accountable for my own actions from this moment on.

* on a side note-I drink a lot of water, but when I do I get really bad acid reflux.. Anyone else experience that?*
* Would love to have some weight loss buddies, add me!*☺️

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Be very careful going fully keto and not just low carb/high fat/moderate protein. For a certain percentage of bipolar folks, keto can spike mania. For the rest of the folks, it helps manage it...so maybe watch your symptoms super closely!!

don't drink water immediately before a meal or 30 minutes after. It makes your bile/acids float, triggering acid reflux.

Feel free to add me.

For me, the best think about keto is that I just feel awesome. Better than I ever remember as an adult before... EVER... So that's it's own motivation.

I was one that either gave up in a whim or stick with things long after I realized they were bad for me...so being 9 months, walls/stalls along the way, and still feeling positive about this WOE/WOL, plus renewing my passion for it from time to time, has been a HUGE deal for me. The only dietary stuff I ever followed this long before was the "eat everything terrible and addicting for you in as much quantities as you want" diet...