Hangers

Options
E_Brault
E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
Hi MFPs

Thank you all for your support. I no longer eat out of boredom or loneliness.

Hangers: I get a dimple in my shirts - right where the clothing hanger sits - kind of mid to 3/4 on the shoulder line. I don't remember having this problem when I "wore a younger [girll's] clothes," to quote Billy Joel. Lol.

Does anyone have suggestions? Bigger hangers? Steaming? Anything?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Either one of those things should work. Steamers are lovely in general.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Get different hangers. I have ones I got at Target. They are "velvet" lined (thin lined) and never had a dimple. Steaming is the best way to shed the dimples. Wish steaming worked on my thigh dimples, though. Hahahaha.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Are the velvet lined hangers longer?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Agree with the velvet hanger. I dont know if they are longer.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    They don't seem longer than any others I have used. My shirt size is L or XL depending on the shirt, mostly L. And they work great.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Oh, ok. Then velvet it shall be. It will be my reward for keeping it "together" until November 14th. Thank you for your continued support. Gotta love MFPs!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Or the puffy fabric-covered ones. If you're frugal, and crafty, it's pretty easy to use quilt batting and inexpensive fabric to "puffy-ize" the top part of regular wire hangars, too.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    My dry cleaner gives me back my suit jackets with a cardboard insert. That should work too. She might even sell me a few.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    My great grandmother used to crochet covers for the old style wooden hangers. I use those for my knits so that I don't get that "hanger bump".
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    My great grandmother used to crochet covers for the old style wooden hangers. I use those for my knits so that I don't get that "hanger bump".

My grandma would wrap wire hangers in cloth piping. Funny, I haven't thought of those in years.