Low Carb Meat Snack ~ Zero carb ~ Found!

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    @leighn62 Dude you're awesome, probably 90% of people on here have no idea what HEB is but I'm in Austin and have been walking by the jerky section at my store - didn't see these but they look better than what my local store has...what HEBs did you see them at?

I used to live in Austin too, back in the late 90's, so I know HEB, too... LOL These at my Walmart are generally in random places. I've found them with the jerky, with the nuts, with the candy bars, and with the pepperoni that's on the shelf next to spaghetti sauce. So I would think anywhere that might be a "snack" category or anywhere you might find cured meats would be a place to look.

I got these before I worked an outdoor Ren Event for 4 days a few months back, and they are awesome!! I hope you can find them. If you can't, find a barcode for them (online, sometimes), and have your local store look by the barcode. Most should be able to do that...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    For those that need to be MSG free/Gluten Free: Freybe Damn Hot Pepperoni (in Canada - maybe the US??). Although the Nutrition facts say 3g carb, one is fibre (subtract for net) and the serving size is 45g - more realistic because who wants to eat a tiny 17g piece of smoked sausage? Let's face it, we WILL eat more than that for a serving.
    No refrig required/lactose & gluten free. A dry pepperoni with instructions to wrap in parchment paper and keep at room temp once opened. And YES!!! Damn Hot!! Habanero style. Yummy!! Oh yeah, 18g fat.