First 2 weeks almost in the books

Options
anna114400
anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
I still have a long way to go, but I've had 25 carbs or less except on day I hit 30, tomorrow is my 2 week mark. I feel great, have learned some new recipes that are delicious and I know this something I can actually stick to! I can't believe I shunned this way of eating for so many years. I thought I could never give up bread or potatoes, but honestly, after a few days, I knew it wasn't going to be a problem. I'm never starving like I am on low cal diets, and I'm eating around 1400-1500 per day. Sometimes even less and having to squeeze some celery and natural peanut butter in to get some cals in at night. Never thought I could lose weight and be satisfied, I figured I'd either be stuck at this weight or miserably trying to lose it. SO GLAD I GAVE IT A SHOT! I expect to be posting a success story within the next 8-9 months :)

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding a WOE that works for you (finally) and welcome! I'm sure we will all look forward to reading your success story. BTW, I felt very much like you do now shortly after finding Keto myself! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's so sad that we are brainwashed into believing we have to suffer, and starve to lose weight and be healthy! I, too, regret the past (failed) attempts at weight loss, wishing I would have found this woe years ago! But, I choose to only look forward, knowing the future is something I can change. I am so proud of the progress you've made in the first two weeks! Continue to read and learn as much as you can since KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! I look forward to celebrating continued success!

Keep those electrolytes up! You're entering the time where the low carb/keto flu can be an issue! It can be prevented though with "enough" (there isn't a magic number, it's whatever YOUR body needs) electrolytes.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you and for your success. You are proof that you don't have to suffer to lose weight. Keep learning. Keep trying new things and before you know it this will really become a natural way of life for you.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and stay the course!

Everything that I do to cultivate a long term mindset helps make my good changes permanent!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear about your progress in the coming months! :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Glad it is going so well! :)
  • anna114400
    anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you!