Bulletproof Coffee sweats?

Options
robosphere
robosphere Posts: 66 Member
So, I decided to try a homemade version of BP coffee this weekend. I used my coffee, 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter, and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Both days after drinking it, I got all sweaty. Nothing else, really, just sweaty.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Huh. No.

I do get sweats when my blood sugar is coming down. Early on in the (keto) diet I had that. Cold sweats and some shakes. My body was still adjusting though.
  • robosphere
    Options
    Weird. Well, I'm at the tail-end of my first 2 weeks. I'm going to continue and see what happens.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    MCTs can have a mildly thermogenic effect, and the caffeine can also be an influence. Although I'd guess the effect is very limited.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    robosphere wrote: »
    So, I decided to try a homemade version of BP coffee this weekend. I used my coffee, 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter, and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Both days after drinking it, I got all sweaty. Nothing else, really, just sweaty.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Omg!! Yes yes yes. I thought it was just me! I wonder why?!!
  • robosphere
    Options
    looney9708 wrote: »
    wrote:

Omg!! Yes yes yes. I thought it was just me! I wonder why?!!

I guess from the mild thermogenic effect stars above. It WAS pretty mild - just a couple minutes of sweating. Not alarming or anything. It was just something I didn't expect.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Caffeine in general makes my arm pits sweaty I think it revs up the nervous system or something. But you sound like a regular coffee drinker so you would know if it was just the coffee doing that. I've had a bunch of BPC and not had that experience that's any different from my regular pit sweat lol.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My guess is the coconut oil is the culprit. Have heard the initial side effects can be unpleasant. Maybe decrease the amt of coconut oil next time and see if it helps, then gradually increase to the desired amount over several days, watching for the symptoms.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I never mind. I just think: "ah, the thermogenic effect!" Sweat isn't evil.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, I would get a little bit of face flush and all over body warmth from the thermogenic effect. It also is said to rev up the metabolism a bit, so I'd expect it's a combo of the coconut oil (primary) and coffee (secondary). I would say experiment with the level of coconut oil if you're curious, otherwise, enjoy the ride on the brain fuel wave.
  • robosphere
    Options
    It has been less and less each successive day, so possibly I'm getting used to it. If I put more coconut oil in or get some MCT oil this weekend, and it happens again, I'll know.