Newcomer on the lookout for motivation and support!

sigrunisl
sigrunisl Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
I'm 30 and it's time to shed those 20 pounds I've picked up in the last 5-7 years.

My story:
I have three children, one born in 2010 and twins born in 2013. Soon after the birth of my first I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism that probably begun to develop during pregnancy. At that point I was 160+ lbs and at my heaviest. Focused on my diet and joined a running club in 2012, lost ca. 15 lbs and got in pretty good shape (regularly running 10 k with ease). Early 2013 I became pregnant with twins, which led to no exercise, bedrest at 20 weeks, 50 lbs weight gain - and later, completely ruined core muscles, serious sleep deprivation, PPD and other fun stuff! Just over two years later, I'm much better but still 15-20 lbs overweight and in terrible shape.

This is where I'm at today:
CW: 157 lbs
GW: 140 lbs
UGW: 133-135 lbs

Alternate goals:
- Running 10 k in less than an hour
- Running a half-marathon in 2016
- Work on my core muscles and tone up!

My plan!
I'm joining a sort of Weight Watcher's programme this week (don't think it's the same as in the US but somewhat similar), with the goal of losing the first 7 lbs before Dec. 1 and the remaining 10 lbs before spring.
I plan to start running again 2-3x a week and hopefully join my club again before the end of the year.

I'd love to chat with some girls with similar goals and hope to have come to the right forum for that! :)

Replies

• fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Hey there!

My goals are slightly different to yours, as I am certainly no runner! Hahaha Having said that I'm all for helping others to stay motivated so feel free to add me :)