Monday morning detox on the rocks

Options
Happy Monday. Hope u all had a good weekend! Was curious what other ppl did to be kind to their livers after a hard night...or weekend? And happy abstaining this evening :)

Replies

• AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to drink water between drinks, to stay hydrated. Otherwise even after a couple drinks I feel rough the next day!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All and Happy Monday. Weekend was fun but it's over now and time to be accountable. I won't give in to that Monday night wine glass even if today is a miserable day at work!!!! Who's with me?

• lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oops, just now seeing this Monday thread. Planning on treating my body nicely today in all fronts (food and beverage wise).
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!! My first week is not off to a good start. Had an extremely stressful work situation and caved to drinking a Corona while dealing with the aftermath at home.

Hope you all did better than I did!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Hi all! I had 2 glasses of wine at happy hour with a friend, so did not technically break my rules (no drinking on school nights UNLESS socializing). Also I am glad I did not go over 2! That's been tough lately.
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    @anna418 Good work!

I ended up having 1 corona an 8oz glass of red wine last night. But tonight I've had nothing!! And i've already brushed my teeth!
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sunday and Monday went well....tonite not so much. Captain was calling my name after a really difficult day at work. Tomorrows another day...
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    That was me on Monday @racergirl1991 tomorrow is another day!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sunday and Monday went well....tonite not so much. Captain was calling my name after a really difficult day at work. Tomorrows another day...

Darn captain strikes again!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Quichee wrote: »
    Good Morning All and Happy Monday. Weekend was fun but it's over now and time to be accountable. I won't give in to that Monday night wine glass even if today is a miserable day at work!!!! Who's with me?

Good Lord I did give in but last night was great! LOL Went to bed early and felt like a million this morning!

• elizabethymartin
    Options
    Bump. Walking and water. No drinking day #1. How was everyone's weekend? I drank fri sat sun. Oops. Almost made it Sunday but damn ppl on tv drinking white wine last night...looked good so I caved.
  • Dragrub111
    Dragrub111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To much fun, I drank fri sat sun also. Am with you for the walking and water and no drinking day #1. Wish me luck!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Drank too much on Friday and Sunday, none on Saturday! This week I am doing a pumpkin beer crawl on Thursday, gathering with friends Friday, karaoke Saturday. Yikes. Will be sticking to water until then.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Well, I wasn't going to have a glass of wine tonight, but we ran out of mini bottles of wine for cooking and had to open a proper bottle to use in the pasta. And since it's open...

Just 1 glass and I fit it into my calories. Meant eating a little less at dinner. It was worth it! :D
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to drink hot tea. I'm finding I'm sleeping SO much better!!!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    How was ur weekends? I made a big batch of sangria and have some leftover...what to do, what to do? It wasn't cheap to make so hate to throw it out, right? Maybe I'll see what my scale says tomorrow then decide...
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In a word, intoxicating, lol

It's Monday ya'll. Time to detox. I somehow got through Monday through Friday last week with no alcohol. Yea me!

I'm hoping to do it again this week. Fingers crossed!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • AJMB704
    edited November 2015
    Options
    In a word, intoxicating, lol

It's Monday ya'll. Time to detox. I somehow got through Monday through Friday last week with no alcohol. Yea me!

I'm hoping to do it again this week. Fingers crossed!

Haha! I had too many drinks on Saturday and felt crappy Sunday. Bah. Drank sparkling water last night!