How much did you lose the first month?

Options
anna114400
anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
I am just barely in my third week (day 17) of low carbing, trying to stay as low as possible usually between 15-25 per day. I have lost 11 pounds so far, and 2.5 inches around my belly. I have a long way to go, just wondering how much people have lost in the first month?

Replies

• petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds my first month of doing this. I didn't take any measurements so I don't know how many I've lost, but enough that I can now get into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for well over a year. I started out at 20 per day but now it's closer to 30, mostly from veggies.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I also lost 12 pounds in the first 30 days.

It can be lower or higher, our bodies are different.

The important thing is where are you a year from now!! Then two years, then 3, etc.

A long term mind set is HUGELY important. Know yourself, and know what you need to cultivate that mindset. It will serve you well over the long haul, the only thing that truly matters.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    12 because I stalled for almost 2 weeks
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    4 lbs. I figure it was because it was not my first rodeo with LCHF, but it was 4lbs no longer there, so I'm over it. I'm now averaging 2 lbs a week, and down 31 lbs in almost 4 months, 56 total since I started MFP. I've gone down 2 pant sizes, 2 bra sizes, and I can wear calf boots again, albeit wide calf ones, but still LOL. Give me inches over lbs any day!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds the first month of LCHF. I have dropped a total of 37 pounds now, almost eight months in. I agree with @chaoticdreams, though, that inches lost has been the greater motivator. Plus, the health benefits trump both of them! I feel too good to ever put carbage in my mouth again!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am guessing I lost about 10-14, probably around 12. I had stopped stepping on the scale and didn't look until I was a week or so into it.

I lost about 10 the second month and about 8-10 in the third. I think I lost a little fast, but I felt okay at the time.
  • scronen
    scronen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs the first month. 8 the second, 0 the third and I am currently on my fourth month.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My weight loss these days is never more than a few pounds, if I gain weight for some reason. But I'm less hungry when I eat more fat and less carbs, which makes taking off a few pounds a lot easier.