Super dizzy after?

Options
sissiluv
sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
So I just did day one and I'm so happy! BUT I noticed I was super dizzy afterward. I have reactive hypoglycemia and hypotension but I have doctor clearance to do as much exercise as I like so I figured I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I made sure to eat before my run, a piece of bread with peanut butter and banana on it which, from what I read is pretty big for a pre-meal run. I also made sure to drink lots of water yesterday, and ate plenty. After my run I had a safeway brand meal replacement shake.

I didn't notice it as much during the run, thank goodness but afterwards my head was really spinning. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Edited for spelling

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This is not normal. You need to slow down. Also, was it hot out? Were you breathing well or were you really panting?
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    This is not normal. You need to slow down. Also, was it hot out? Were you breathing well or were you really panting?
    I made sure to jog as slow as I possibly could without actually walking and I tried really hard not to pant and do deep breathing instead. It wasn't hot out at all, it was actually raining so it was pretty cool.

Should I go back to my doctor about this do you think?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You might want to talk to the nurse about whether this is something that your doctor might want to see you about.

I did a little googling - it's more common than I thought:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/435807-feeling-dizzy-lightheaded-after-running/

Basically, go slow, let yourself breathe and make sure that you cool down adequately. Maybe add some more walking and stretches?