Getting Closer To Your Goal

Medilia
Medilia Posts: 230 Member
So, I am getting closer to my goal.

Since I restarted my weight loss in May/June (Away from here) I have lost 9 KG. At the moment my goal is to lose another 6KG, from there I will see the results and decide if I should go further.

So as I approach my goal I do have some concerns and maybe other people getting there will share them.

Toning my belly - My belly is getting smaller, but I am paranoid I will end up "Skinny-fat" what should I be doing to avoid that? What kind of exercises should I focus on to tone that area?

Gaining back the weight - I have actually being losing weight without calorie counting. Eating at a deficit has become such second nature to me. I am afraid that when I stop and go to eat at maintenance I will either keep losing or I will gain the weight back.

Any advice?

Replies

• katnoir1
    katnoir1 Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!

It's virtually impossible to lose fat from just one area, particularly when that area is your core. You want to do some strength training and cardio to build up muscle and rev your metabolism. That said, you can tone the area to an extent. Isometric exercises like planks are great for tightening up the muscles in that area. The beauty of the core area is that you can turn pretty much any exercise into a core exercise by holding it firm. Push-ups for example - obviously an upper body exercise, but if you squeeze your abs and your glutes while you're doing them you get so much more bang for your buck.

Second part - continuing to keep track of your food is a good idea so you don't go nuts when you're on maintenance. I think it will be a learning curve though; you'll need to find a new normal that is comfortable for you. Keep eating healthy foods and watch your body for cues and changes.