First Week Keto Results

barnumboy
barnumboy Posts: 20 Member
After doing a low carb diet in 2013-2014 and losing 90lbs (didn't stay there long), then going off and gaining back 35 lbs of that, I started back on my low carb diet a month ago (basically the Ideal Protein diet). After stalling, I read up on Keto and started that last Saturday and made my goals at 70F/20P/5C. Sticking really close to those, my weekly loss for first week is ........ 9lbs!
It can't be from extra glygocen stores - i was already in ketosis from low carb. I'm fitting back into clothes I haven't been able to wear for a while and bought new jeans that i couldn't button 2 weeks ago and wore them yesterday without being too tight! I am very excited about this plan! I know it will not continue to come off like that, but this is a great start to get back to my goal weight. Reading as much as I can too since I know when I tell certain people that this is the way I'm eating I will hear a lot of resistance to it. We've been lied to for so long, that everyone still believes in the low-fat diet. I feel fuller longer and don't have cravings on Keto.

Replies