Hallo all :-) I'm new :-)

fit_ellie
fit_ellie Posts: 11 Member
Its my second day on LCHF and I love it :-)
I have to learn so much :-(

Thank you for accepting me into the group. I hope with time I'll be great contributor. I already lost 40lbs calorie counting on mfp but would like a change in plan.
I wouldn't mind to have some like minded friends with open diaries, too ;-) if you allow me to steal some meal ideas :-) you are welcome to add me.

I'm very chatty and supportive ;-)

Good luck everyone and I'm looking forward to see your posts x

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Welcome! So happy to hear you're loving the first few days already. If you aren't already aware, make sure you get lots of salt (3000-5000mg is recommended) to keep feeling good since you will be losing lots of sodium with water weight loss. Sometimes the feelings of electrolyte loss is so crummy that people have a hard time sticking with the new plan. But it can be avoided.
    My diary is open to friends if you want to add me. :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    I sent you a friend request :) welcome!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Welcome to the group! I'm not as consistent with logging as I was the first few months, but am sending you a friend request! This group has been instrumental in helping me learn about this wonderful woe, and changing my life by regaining my health! So glad you are loving it but as @Sunny_Bunny_ mentioned, sodium is crucial to this woe and will keep you feeling good!!
  • fit_ellie
    fit_ellie Posts: 11 Member
    thank you everyone :-) I never knew about the salt, that's a great tip, thank you :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Welcome. :)
    Ditto the salt. Drinking broth or adding a teaspoon of salt to a glass of water everyday made a HUGE difference in how I felt eating very LCHF. Adding extra potassium and magnesium can help too.

You're welcome to look through my diary too. I haven't logged much in October but there are more meals from July to September.

Best wishes!