30 Day Shred to Thanksgiving

sepoep2
sepoep2 Posts: 27 Member
Hi all-

I have decided to do Jilian Michaels 30 Day Shred every day until Thanksgiving. The workout is 20 minutes but you definitely sweat and get a burn (evidenced by soreness the following day). The program is 3 levels for 10 days each. We have about 33 days until Thanksgiving so if you need a day between levels feel free.

Join me on this program and feel stronger by Thanksgiving and the rest of the "food holidays".

I will be coming back to this post to do daily check-ins. Feel free to do the same.

Don't have the DVD? It's on YouTube!!! No excuses!

I did level 1 day 1 (L1D1) yesterday. I will check back later. Would love some company!

Samantha

Start weight: 175lbs

Replies

• tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    ive been trying to dust off that old dvd for weeks now i played it and she was like,"if you looking for a modified jumping jack don't look here" .. so i cut the dvd off lol.. but to my defense i was on my first period postpartum and my c section scar started hurting when i started jumping.. Its been a couple more weeks so I will try again than report back !
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm going to be doing the 21 day fix eating plan until I am cleared to exercise again because i had surgery.

Once I am cleared to exercise again I will be starting a new round of the 21 day fix! :)

For right now I am doing my stationary bike everyday and walking my dog everyday until I can start the 21 day fix up again! :)
  • sepoep2
    ive been trying to dust off that old dvd for weeks now i played it and she was like,"if you looking for a modified jumping jack don't look here" .. so i cut the dvd off lol.. but to my defense i was on my first period postpartum and my c section scar started hurting when i started jumping.. Its been a couple more weeks so I will try again than report back !

I feel ya lady! Had my second child in July and as soon as I saw Jillian's face i wanted to punch the smugness off of it. I literally can't stand her voice throughout the whole DVD haha
  • tashatashae
    sepoep2 wrote: »

I feel ya lady! Had my second child in July and as soon as I saw Jillian's face i wanted to punch the smugness off of it. I literally can't stand her voice throughout the whole DVD haha

lol !!!!!!! my baby b day july 16, 2015 wats yours? how is your hair doing ive been cursed postpartum hair shed its not as bad this time though?
  • Moonbaby779
    Moonbaby779 Posts: 42 Member
    I have this dvd!! I'll join you! Oh! And my baby was born July 6th! XD
  • sepoep2

lol !!!!!!! my baby b day july 16, 2015 wats yours? how is your hair doing ive been cursed postpartum hair shed its not as bad this time though?

July 17th! Lol I am shedding like crazy. Just all of the sudden last week it started coming out and is now everywhere :( so annoying!!!
  • Moonbaby779
    Moonbaby779 Posts: 42 Member
    Anyone know how many calories you burn during it?
  • tashatashae
    Anyone know how many calories you burn during it?

idk but it would be different according to your weight im just going where my hrm than log half that.. ill tell you guys what reading i get..
  • tashatashae

July 17th! Lol I am shedding like crazy. Just all of the sudden last week it started coming out and is now everywhere :( so annoying!!!

my edges kinda skimp, but im thankful, last time last year it was worse i was bald around my whole hairline but it grew back only to happen again this year, sigh babies back to back! it starts to regulate at 6 months for me..
  • tashatashae
    i also did a protein treatment.. im not sure if type 1"straight" hair do protein treatments.
  • sepoep2
    Kid's trick or treat was today. Ate more candy today than I have all year.... Argh. Got kids home and bathed and asleep which is a miracle since they are 18months and 3months and never sleep at the same time. All I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to bed as well.

Instead....

Level 1 Day 2 complete.

How is everyone else doing?
  • sepoep2
    5fur8zp4lkth.jpg

Also my 18 month old decided I needed some extra weight on the push ups. Haha
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    when I work out it is the same, someone crawling through my legs, or on or under me, it gets crazy after awhile
  • tashatashae
    lol my 18 month does the same our kids the same age weird!!
  • sepoep2
    Hi All!

Welcome aboard the 30DS to Thanksgiving journey. It's going to be FUN! (haha no actually it is going to be hard but I can guarantee that if you do 30 days of working out you will feel like an accomplished person by Thanksgiving :smile:

A little about why I am doing this:

I have started workout routines so many times and quit after so little effort. I don't want Thanksgiving to roll around and me be like "WTF! Why didn't I just do the work outs?! I would feel so much better about myself if I had." I am just going to do them, even if I don't put 100% into each one. So keep me accountable ladies/gents (do we have any gents on this thread?)

Why I need this:
    I have had 2 kids back to back and basically did no exercise for the last 2 years. Just started up in August so I am not in shape at all....but I aspire to be.

Am I sore yet?
    I have only done 2 days so far (started on Saturday) and yes I am sore. My thighs are tender but I like being sore (within reason) because it is proof that it is working!

How is everyone else? Sore? Why are you doing this?
  • sepoep2
    pbwafol8hp51.jpg

This photo is a snapshot of what I face everyday at work. It's always someone's birthday, first day, work anniversary, retirement, or sometimes just because. This was today's smorgasbord.

Went to gym after work - realized I forgot a clean shirt for after shower and forgot swimsuit to relax in spa after workout. Damnit!

Still did it though.... Level 1 Day 3 complete!
  • sepoep2
    Level 1 day 4 complete.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    I'm a couple days late to the party but I'm in! I have been in a total funk about exercise lately it's really getting me down. I was just thinking about this vid the other day and thought it's so quick I have no excuses. Now I have a buddy!
  • sepoep2
    I'm a couple days late to the party but I'm in! I have been in a total funk about exercise lately it's really getting me down. I was just thinking about this vid the other day and thought it's so quick I have no excuses. Now I have a buddy!

Welcome! The video goes by so fast it really is a great way to get a good sweat in each day!