Guilty Pleasures?

Options
paulje03
paulje03 Posts: 19 Member
I thought it may be a cool idea to share any "healthy cheats" we have if we're having an unhealthy craving?

Some of my favorites:
Nori sheets--like the ones you buy for sushi. I eat these plain or bake at 300° to crisp them up. They also sell seaweed "crisps" at the store. So good. -- 10 Cals each, high protein.

25 gram (2tbsp) peanut butter powder
+ 5 gram (1tbsp) cacao powder
+ A splash of almond milk, to create a paste
+ Fruit purée (about 25-50 grams, optional)
+ Sweetener to taste (if I decide against fruit purée)
It's super good and less than 200 calories, depending on fruit/sweetener content.

Anyone else have any guilty pleasures that keep bad cravings at bay? Even if you find it weird! I think sharing may be helpful :)

Replies

• ReineJade
    ReineJade Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A frozen banana is a great sweet treat. It tastes like and has the consistency of ice cream. Sometimes I throw one in the blender with a chocolate or vanilla protein shake for a healthy milkshake.
  • kmann0519
    kmann0519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Even when I am craving sweet often a serving of popcorn will satisfy. Plus one serving is so big and counts for relatively little calories. I make mine on the stove with coconut oil.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    paulje03 wrote: »
    I thought it may be a cool idea to share any "healthy cheats" we have if we're having an unhealthy craving?

Some of my favorites:
    Nori sheets--like the ones you buy for sushi. I eat these plain or bake at 300° to crisp them up. They also sell seaweed "crisps" at the store. So good. -- 10 Cals each, high protein.

It's super good and less than 200 calories, depending on fruit/sweetener content.

Anyone else have any guilty pleasures that keep bad cravings at bay? Even if you find it weird! I think sharing may be helpful :)

i eat nori sheets but never thought to bake them , which is weird because i buy the crisp ones sometime!
  • tashatashae
    Options
    1/2 greek yogurt, 50 g grapes, 1 nature valley granola bar crushed up on top. not necessary low calorie but it cures my sweet tooth for 220 calories.
  • paulje03
    Options

Some of my favorites:

i eat nori sheets but never thought to bake them , which is weird because i buy the crisp ones sometime!

The store-bought ones are much better than I can make, probably because I try to avoid oil when baking them, but making them yourself allows for so many more flavor variations :)
  • tashatashae
    Options

Some of my favorites:

The store-bought ones are much better than I can make, probably because I try to avoid oil when baking them, but making them yourself allows for so many more flavor variations :)

how do you add flavors to it?
  • paulje03
    Options

Some of my favorites:

You could sprinkle with soy sauce or mist lightly with oil. I like to season it with wasabi and ginger or nutritional yeast.

If you google "roasted seaweed sheets" it should return a decent number of results. My favorite is wasabi ginger but I bet garlic would be really good. Or just ginger.
  • tashatashae
    Options

Some of my favorites:

You could sprinkle with soy sauce or mist lightly with oil. I like to season it with wasabi and ginger or nutritional yeast.

If you google "roasted seaweed sheets" it should return a decent number of results. My favorite is wasabi ginger but I bet garlic would be really good. Or just ginger.

k thanx!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream machine, so summer I use it to make fruit sorbet (just fruit pulp of various fruits). Mango is awesome, but berry must be my favourite.
  • paulje03
    Options
    I have an ice cream machine, so summer I use it to make fruit sorbet (just fruit pulp of various fruits). Mango is awesome, but berry must be my favourite.

Yummy! I've made homemade once but the ice cream maker was ancient so it was a pain.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I used to late night binge but found if I hold back enough calories, I can indulge in a large bowl of popcorn with a sprinkle of sugar and salt for only 200 calories; filling and satisfying for a late night "non-binge".
  • paulje03
    Options
    Mmmm
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    You can get 160 calorie ice cream sandwiches. They are my main way of spending my snack calories left over after my meals are done.