An Act of Kindness May Sabotage my Goals

Options
ajmurray1234
ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
Help!

A coworker of mine was kind enough to bring me in a cup of Butternut Squash soup. She made it with carrots so I know the serving is going to be over my daily amount of carbohydrates. And.... she brought it in a container so I’m guessing she is going to want it back before the end of day…. empty.

Should I dump it and pretend I ate it. Or just eat it and stay away from any form of Carb for at least two days?

ARGHH!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I would ask her if you could keep the container for a few days because you'd like to eat it (assuming this is true ;) ) and then eat it in small amounts over a few days. Just be honest that you can't eat it all at once.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I made butternut squash soup for first time last week & was surprised how well it fit in my goals. 6g carbs, 3g fat, 1g fibre, 1g protein, & 54 cals/serving. This was MFP calculations on ingredients when I plugged them in to "Recipe" box. Hope this helps.
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sk8Kate wrote: »
    I made butternut squash soup for first time last week & was surprised how well it fit in my goals. 6g carbs, 3g fat, 1g fibre, 1g protein, & 54 cals/serving. This was MFP calculations on ingredients when I plugged them in to "Recipe" box. Hope this helps.

It does! Did you put carrots in yours?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Tell her you want to "savor" it over several meals because you know it will be that great! Portion it out, maybe add a little cream or butter, and up the fats to ration it out...
  • Sk8Kate
    Options
    Yes I did. 2 carrots fresh from the garden (approx 3/4 cup).
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Id say I want to return the container washed, take it home and transfer it to something else, then add lots of hwc and savor the heck out of it.
  • Sk8Kate
    Options
    I cooked my veggies in butter, then threw in chicken broth & simmered til soft, then blended in blender, then added heavy cream & blended again. Wow was it good & simple too.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Take a tablespoon then Toss. Yeah I did. >:)