Surgery before surgery

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Last week on Sat. night I had excruciating stomach pain....after several hours at the clinic, bloodwork and a CT Scan..........appendicitis! So, emergency lappy appy- I was lucky enough to get a surgeon in the same group as my bariatric surgeon, but it is crazy to happen NOW!! All drs and PA's that saw me/I spoke to have said that this should NOT affect my current WLS date (Nov. 23). I see the surgeon that did appendectomy for follow up to make sure I am still good to go.

Replies

• ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow, wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's no bueno!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yikes, glad you caught it in good time
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Two surgeries about a month apart. You are a trooper. Hope your feeling better.
  • Moe4572
    Options
    It amazes me that the Dr.s all are ok with doing surgeries so close-don't get me wrong-I am thrilled that I am holding on to my date, just surprised.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    as long as the surgical sites do not interfere with each other, there isn't much issue. As you know, Lapro surgeries heal up so much faster.
  • Moe4572
    Options
    yes, they definitely do heal fast :)
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i had my sleeve sept 28 2 weeks later same tons of pain went in had to have emergency surgery blocked small intestine the sleeve was eaay this surgery stinks im still in hospital good luck on your wls
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @tugsandpulls, ouch! I hope you're home and healed ASAP!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good practice! (Not)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Speedy recovery!