What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• cestabrook
    cestabrook Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Looks like a yummy sort of tuna ceviche in the first picture <3
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Looks like a yummy sort of tuna ceviche in the first picture <3

It's ahi tuna tartare, which is pretty similar to ceviche
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    r69ol0yadgw2.jpg
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I made this creamy chicken and thyme soup for my lunches back at work and it is one of the best soups I've ever had. I topped it with crispy pancetta but must of it sank!

Edit: I can't get the picture to show, any tips when using the mobile app?
  • EmmaR84
    Options
    hayizm60hj4x.jpg

I figured it out, the app wouldn't allow the picture to be posted.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    EmmaR84 wrote: »
    I made this creamy chicken and thyme soup for my lunches back at work and it is one of the best soups I've ever had. I topped it with crispy pancetta but must of it sank!

@EmmaR84 can you share the recipe? Would love some more LC soup ideas for the winter!
  • EmmaR84
    edited January 2020
    Options
    amckholmes wrote: »
    EmmaR84 wrote: »

@EmmaR84 can you share the recipe? Would love some more LC soup ideas for the winter!

@amckholmes Of course, I hope you like it too

https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/low-carb-creamy-chicken-soup-keto-gluten-free/
  • psuLemon
    Options
    kxv8clol8yqu.jpg
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Spinach with hard boiled eggs and warm bacon dressing. Swapped in lakanto monk fruit erythritol for the sugar.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/spinach-salad-with-warm-bacon-dressing-recipe-1947599

za4ry60zysnv.jpeg
  • amckholmes
    Options
    Egg whites, high fat feta, spinach, kale, turkey bacon, cooked with some healthy oil. It was a huge dinner, extremely filling and yummy.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Breakfast; 3 egg and 2 egg white American cheese omelet, cooked in scant butter (I have a great non stick pan), with three slices of uncured ham.

Super: 1/2lb of Costco sous vide sirloin with a generous amount of green beans, mushrooms and a little garlic and onion.

Had plenty of coffee and half and half today, plus cheese and pickles and radish and cucumber for snack

• nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Egg whites, high fat feta, spinach, kale, turkey bacon, cooked with some healthy oil. It was a huge dinner, extremely filling and yummy.

Question: why no whole eggs, or pork bacon?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

Question: why no whole eggs, or pork bacon?

Taste preference mainly, also I ate this for a late dinner, my stomach doesn’t care for heavy fat late in the day. I track my macros closely to be sure I am staying balanced, but wanted to offer a slightly different post, as I think that’s important, to point out we can eat what works for our body and schedule and still keep our macros balanced. :)

I was just curious. I don't enjoy turkey bacon personally and, while I have egg whites routinely, have a threshold of whole eggs to added whites I can tolerate, which is 1:1. I tried doing 2 eggs to 3 added whites once and the resulting taste/texture was no good, though I often eat 2 eggs and 2 added whites. I do buy and consume center cut bacon, which gives me all the bacon flavor but with a better nutritional profile than traditional bacon, for me.

I tend not to eat too late, out of preference. Last night I ended up stuck at work an extra 2 hrs and by the time I got home has zero motivation and didn't want to do any work, so I ate a Built Bar and had a Fairlife protein chocolate milk and called it a day Nutritional profile for that meal: 260 calories, 45 protein, 6 fat, 17carbs (11 net). I'd have preferred meat or eggs but didn't have cooking in me.
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Last night was a deconstructed egg rolls.

lwaia7q3lqlx.jpg

The night before was steak fajita in a bowl.

ekj7966aerlm.jpg

d455w3xstps6.jpg
  • amckholmes
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Last night was a deconstructed egg rolls.

What type of sauce is on your egg roll? That is something I have been eating often lately, made with broccoli slaw sometimes!