almost died

Options
tugsandpulls
tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
had my sleeve done sept 28 things were goin great woke up one morn couldnt move had a blood clot and blocked small inst from a 20 year old previous surgery my wls fixed it all um on my 10 day in hospital goin home fri ty dr for savin my life

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's pretty scary , glad you are ok
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You have angels watching you!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're doing well! I had a bowl obstruction in July, 8 months post op, which had to be surgically corrected. Luckily, the ER I went to when I started to have abdominal pain is also where my bariatric center of excellence is, so I was admitted, evaluated and had surgery in less than 24 hours by a doctor I was familiar with. It was laproscopic just like my RNYGB, but I think once they got in the fix was pretty easy, and I healed up in no time. There's a small risk of these complications, I'm glad I had been educated in advance, glad I went to the doctor as soon as I felt something wasn't right. The experience didn't diminish my enthusiasm for having had the surgery - I'd do it all over again.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it was taken care of in time. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Good to hear you'll be home soon.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness you're on the way to a healthier you ❤️ so glad you had an excellent doctor! Wishing you all the best!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Praying for a speedy recovery!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @tugsandpulls, Glad they caught the clot in time, I hope you are on the mend.