Breakfast

Options
blackburn23
blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
Help! I need some breakfast ideas that are easy, fast, healthy and have some staying power.

Replies

• HeatherKatan
    HeatherKatan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have started to eat cottage cheese and fruit. It is packed with protien so it helps with keeping you full. I like peaches, mandarin oranges, or pineapple depending on my mood. I buy the cans of them packed in no sugar added juice (less processed sugar, calories, and such) and put them in a ziplock baggy in the fridge so they don't go bad in the can after being opened. That or the steel cut oatmeal packs by Quaker are my go to breakfast east to take to work on the way and easy to flavor up to your taste. I hope either of those might work for you!
  • blackburn23
    Options
    Thank you for the breakfast ideas. I am really bad about not getting in enough fruits and veggies. I will try the cottage cheese and the ff vanilla yogurt...I might add granola to the yogurt. YUM! Have you ever tried smoothies for breakfast and if so, what kind and how do you make them?
  • HeatherKatan
    HeatherKatan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few smoothies for breakfast but I am a coffee drinker so the hot and cold combination turned me off of them as a breakfast option. I like a small smoothie every now and then for a snack though, frozen strawberries, vanilla or plain greek yogurt (greek has more protien to help with keeping you fuller) a fresh banana and a serving of flax seeds for nutritional puposes is my favorite snack smoothie.
  • blackburn23
    Options
    I don't drink coffee as much as I used to (triggers hot flashes...uhhhh!). I can see how smoothies and coffee would be a bad combo. Thank you for the smoothie recipe. I will try it sometime...minus the coffee.