HASFit

Options
wifeydevine
wifeydevine Posts: 19 Member
Has anyone used the 30 day workout plans on HASfit.com?

I'm a total noob that's lost all the weight they can without serious muscle building. I've lost 111 pounds after having weight loss surgery, and did nothing but walk.. no strength training. I cannot afford a gym or personal trainer

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Never seen them.

Just to keep in mind as you evaluate any program.

You can only build muscle when what you've got is put under load by too much weight, with enough weekly volume to feel the need to improve.

Too much load because the reps was above 20, or you had barely any rests - is not the same thing. Or if too tired, or worn out from prior workout, ect, again not the same thing.
  • wifeydevine
    wifeydevine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm doing their 30 day low impact beginner's program. It's a combination of strength and cardio. I also walk an average of 5 miles a day 5 days a week. I'm just hoping to build up some muscle to help replace what I've lost and boost my metabolism. I don't want to look like the Hulk, just to be healthy :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You have the wrong hormones for being anywhere near a hulk, so no fear there.

Muscle doesn't boost metabolism that much (6 cal/lb/day), and it's a lot harder to build then many think.
    Now using it, that's another matter.
    Your body first uses what it has totally before feeling the need to build more, so strength can go up decently purely from that.
    Add efficiency improvements, even more.

But indeed, much easier to lose a pound than gain a pound of muscle.

Weight lifting is almost always low impact, so that's good.
    Just confirm the cardio is not taking away from rests that would otherwise allow lifting heavier weights.