First week!

rabes29
rabes29 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! I am new to the keto life change and I'm wondering when will a body enter ketosis? I've only been on it for 4 days and I have been strict with my macros. I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds and keep it off, but because I was so brain washed to think fat is bad I'm having a hard time with believing I'll see results.

I also have a calorie level set, but I did go over by 60 calories. Will a fluctuation in calories effect my progress?

Replies

• MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Welcome aboard the keto train ;) Everyone's body is different, so there's no set time frame for entering ketosis. Some people take a few weeks, others can take a month or more. I will tell you that if you stick with the plan, you will see weight loss. I have lost 23 pounds eating this way, and many people have lost a great deal more. Give your body time to adjust :) Also,, the minor calorie fluctuation shouldn't affect it too much. Personally, I focus more on making sure my macros are met, and less on the calories, although most days I come in under my calorie goal. One thing you'll find as you get into the keto routine is that your appetite is much more satiated eating this way.