Introductions & goals

Options
Dory_42
Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
Hey

Its awfully quite in the message board of this group, so I thought I would start something. I just finished another challenge, so looking for something new. I am in sunny South Africa so we are just heading into summer (YAY) which means ocean swims and beach runs (OK, I have to wait for physio approval as I had knee surgery last month, but it is coming). I am single, a lover of sea, sand and sun, passionate about animals (cat, dog & snake at home and far too many to count at work!), fitness fanatic (martial arts are my new favourite thing - BJJ & fencing in particular)

My goal for New Year is to get to healthy BMI (I have about 2 kgs to go) and hopefully drop a few more kgs. I will also be focusing on strength training once I am back at full fitness (my training schedule includes fencing, Brazilian Jui Jitsu, MMA fitness classes, yoga, running, swimming and weights - I have been accused of obsession!) I just bought a new bikini and want to rock it on the beach for yoga and thai pad sessions! that actually sounds very vague, so to clarify my main goals by New Year are:
- to be in the healthy BMI zone
- to be back to full training, with no phsyio restrictions

So who are you, and what do you want to achieve in the next 14 weeks?

Friend requests welcome...

Replies

• FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    FINDINGMYWAY4ME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Sorry I'm a little late on my own introduction. I created this team pretty late (for me), last night and thought I'd fill in the rest today but I see there are early birds out there and beat me to it :).

I'm Maribel. I was doing well and emotionally in a good place but wow, before I knew it, I spiraled out of control, gained a bunch of weight, stopped running and became stiff as a board from sitting at my job, sitting at school and not doing any activities to keep me moving. I know my capabilities and know that I am perfectly capable of getting myself back on track. Then I got to thinking, maybe there are others out there that want to do this too therefore we can do it together.

As for this next 14weeks, I'd like to lose 25-30lbs, which according to my doctor, he says 10lbs a month is average and considered safe. I'm sticking with it however I'm not going to beat myself up if it lose at a slower pace, AS LONG AS I'M LOSING, I'll be happy. I'm in this to change habits and reshape myself both emotionally and physically. It's crazy how I have allowed FOOD to take control over my mind. I'm taking it back :) .

Maribel
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Hi: I'm 48 I started the end of May at 168 and today I'm 143. I exercise everyday and have made drastic changes in my diet. I lose approx 1/2 lb a week I'm just taking it slow and steady. I joined the challenge as we are heading into winter here and I need to stay motivated. I think my goal weight is going to be 125. I need to be in the healthy weight zone not there yet but I'm close.
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Annie. I've been here on mfp for about 14 months now, and recently I put a few pounds back on. I've been trying to lose the same five pounds for the last few months, and hoping to actually keep it off over the holidays. My brother just got engaged last week, and there is a possibility that I will have some role in helping/participating in the wedding. I would really like to ultimately lose 50-60 fatty pounds, with the knowledge that I will gain some pounds due to muscle. For this challenge though I'd like to lose ten pounds, and attempt to get out of the 170s which is easier said than done. I seriously need someone to follow me around, and make sure that 1) I'm eating healthy and 2) I'm exercising. I've fallen off the band wagon and need to get back on and soon.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Tori here. I'm turning 30 in January, and would LOVE for once in my life not to feel like 'the fat chick' at the party. I want to feel pretty again. I'm in another group that goes through til Easter as a logging challenge, and I like that this group has the added exercise push!

My hubby and I are moving to a new place this wknd, and we have talked about how it will be good to get back into a routine. I'm strangely looking forward to morning workouts with Shaun t again!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is MELLY and just joined your group maybe a bit late but ready to be better this New Years. I live in Pennsylvania and will be turning 50 in December. I have quarter horses and due to gaining weight over the years I don't ride anymore and that is my goal. I have been following a paleo like diet since August and have lost 30 lbs. So for this challenge I'm going for 15lbs.
  • FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    Options
    Hi and WELCOME everyone!
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Itisha. I have a lot of weight to lose, but want to work on small goals at a time. I am hoping to lose 15 to 20 pounds by the New Year. My only issue is finding the time to fit in my workouts. Between work and kids my day ends by 9 pm which seems kind of late for a workout, but I may have to fit it in at that time. I am GLADLY open to any suggestions or advice. Motivation and accountable is welcome as well!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Hi @Doingitin2013 when I exercise at night any time after 8pm I find I can muster only 1mile with leslie Sansone but I can do The Richard Simmons Dvd Supertonin and Tony Little's Total Body Express Total body the 2 dvd's is about 45 min, each is maybe 20-25 but are low impact and Tony ends with some great stretching which always helps at the end of a busy day. I actually own the dvd's but I have heard that you can find Leslie on youtube. You can try your library for exercise dvd's to see what you like.
  • FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    Options
    @Doingitin2013 Can you take a walk on your break or at lunch? I work full time and go to school full time so I KNOW how it is to not have enough time. For sure I can get 45 minutes in 5 days a week doing 15 min on each of my breaks and 15 min which is half of my lunch. I try to do more after work when I don't have school but the homework is killing me so it really is so hard. Hang in there and just keep trying to get steps in when you can :)
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your suggestions! FINDINGMYWAY4ME, your suggestion gave me an idea that I forgot about! My lunch break is an hour long. I work at the hospital and they have a gym and the membership fee is $40 a year! I will look into signing up!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Tara and I'm currently at 215 pounds. I have not been out of the two hundred since the birth of my first child 8 years ago. My goal is to lose 15 to 20 pounds by New Years Day and that would bring me to 199. I am hoping for some motivation with this group, as I tend to slack off after the first couple of weeks.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your suggestions! FINDINGMYWAY4ME, your suggestion gave me an idea that I forgot about! My lunch break is an hour long. I work at the hospital and they have a gym and the membership fee is $40 a year! I will look into signing up!

That is an awesome deal I would definitely check into that. Good luck with your journey.