Exercise

Options
So to give others some ideas, I was wondering what everyone's USUAL workout looks like?

Mine:
I try to get in 5x week to do at least 30 min of cardio then some stretching afterwards
When time allows, I work on strength, core and abs (usually on the weekends)

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am crazy (it helps to get that out first...)

Mon-Fri - 45-60 minute MMA fitness class - probably going to swop Tue & Thu to yoga though
    Mon, Wed & Fri - BJJ (75 minutes or so)
    Tue & Thu - fencing (two hours)
    Sat - run or walk and yoga (an hour each)
    Sun (alternate weeks - swim race)

I will include swimming as well as it is summer now...

That is my usual schedule, but I am not sticking to it at the moment due to knee rehab. I get to add more each time I see my physio...
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I do a minimum of 45min a day and it's either walking or aerobics and sometimes both. My average right now is 545 minutes a week but I would like to be at 700 by January.
  • FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    FINDINGMYWAY4ME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG, y'all are making me look bad :) I'm busy with a full time job and school full time. I know my little 30 minutes is nothing, I've been really trying to push myself to get in 45 min in cardio plus 15 in stretching gives me an hour, I CAN do that 4 times a week. 3 days are impossible because I leave for work at 7:15am, go to work, then from work I have 45 minutes to get to class, I barely make it within 5 minutes if I"m lucky (until it starts snowing). Then I don't get out of class until (9:30, home by 10 and by then, I'm WIPED out. NO TIME for gym those days. I could do more time I guess on the weekends to increase my minutes too. Also, I used to walk on my breaks and half my lunch, until school started, now I do homework at that time, I guess I can try to start walking again, especially the days I have class and get NO EXERCISE.

Any thoughts? This is why I needed a group, where we can share ideas :) Good night friends...
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    ok i work and get up at 4:30 to do my exercising before I go to work. I find it destresses me to get it done before I go out the door. I either do 50 of low impact aerobics or an hour on the treadmill. Depends on my work load of the day. It was rough to start but now it's routine. I know all about snow I live in the snow belt just outside of Buffalo. Last year we were the people shoveling off our roofs for fear they were going to collapse as we went to bed with no snow and I got up 5 hours later and there was over 6 feet of snow in the driveway. LOL Hopefully that won't happen again this year. I also find I have more energy when I start my day with exercise I'm not as sluggish. Just find your nitch.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Last year, I only did a few hours of fencing each week, but I found the most amazing gym with awesome people and I got hooked on training. I would suggest you set yourself a goal that is pushing you but is achievable, so go for the hour 4 days a week for now, but push hard in that time. Also start looking for little ways in your day that you can add movement (walk more, stairs, take a stretch break when others take a smoke break, etc) Add more as and when you can figure how to fit it in. If you set an unachievable goal, you will get discouraged, but when you reach a goal, set a new one!
  • FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    Options
    Wow 2020 that is a lot of snow. I'm in Minnesota next to the Canadian border so we're constantly getting pounded during the winter and then on top of that we get the Arctic freezes. Two winters ago I had canceled school a few times during the winter because we we're hitting very low temperatures of -40° and they didn't want kids walking or waiting at bus stops because it was so dangerous.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey I was just thinking if you're taking classes at a university you could use their fitness facility. I was so jealous of my daughter as she had a really nice heated pool at her under grad school. Now that she is in grad school she has an apt with a really nice workout center. LOL She always threatened my dad and I if she found out we were lounging at the pool she would kill us. :smiley: It had a water slide and if I wasn't so worried my Dad would have gotten hurt we so would have gone. She was at that time only an hour away. LOL
  • FINDINGMYWAY4ME
    Options
    Hi... I don't go to a University, I just go to a Junior College. I belong to the Y already so I have an indoor place to workout the problem I have is time. 3 days a week, I literally go from work to school and am gone those days from 7:20am-10pm. I'm exhausted and brain dead those days. I can't get up earlier because it's just too much, however I do have the other 4 days that I really need to step things up a few notches and stop babying myself with 30 min on the treadmill ONLY with a little stretching after. I need to BURN THIS FAT, it's not going to fall off by itself :)