Too low in calories, program won't let me complete my day

susiean437
susiean437 Posts: 34 Member
Can someone tell me why I can't complete my food diary when I am too low. Is there a way to do it other than adding food I didn't eat? I know I will get on this and start eating what I need to eventually, but starting off it is a little hard. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    You don't need to "complete" your diary to keep your streak.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Why are you so low on a regular basis? That will be counter-effective to your overall weight loss goals.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    I've never actually completed my entry so I don't know what happens after that
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I have not completed an entry for 3 years
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    You should be able to complete an entry even with too low calories. However, you won't get credit for it in your feed and it won't show up to your friends. I'm under a doctor's care, but I'm "too low" 99% of the time and complete it every day. It get a warning pop-up about eating too few calories, but it completes just fine. What it won't do is give you the "If every day were like today, in 5 weeks you'd weigh xxxlbs" if your calories are too low.
  • susiean437
    susiean437 Posts: 34 Member
    2Poufs, Thank you. That is what I was looking for. I have just been back a couple days, I do fill it in daily, but I got the warning yesterday that I didn't eat enough , and when I hit complete entry, it doesn't complete it.
    Thanks everyone for you input.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Yep - MFP is very dumb in this regard! You should be able to log ANY amount of calories.