Holiday Whoas!

2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I'm going to focus on enjoying the tastes of the season in moderation and using portion control.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,088 Member
    As I said to the mirror this morning, stop eating the left over Halloween candy you fat *kitten*.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,088 Member
    b*a*s*t*a*r*d is in the dictionary, and is a perfectly acceptable word. Mom.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,530 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    b*a*s*t*a*r*d is in the dictionary, and is a perfectly acceptable word. Mom.
    Sometimes the nanny software means you have to be a bit imaginative to say *kitten*.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    HAHAHJAHAHAHA
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    At Christmas I have Lindt truffles. they are available all year long but I only eat them at Christmas. I only eat Irish soda bread at St Patrick's. And mom only makes her stuffing at Thanksgiving. so I enjoy those things and generally forget about them the rest of the year. I should make all my favorite things yearly events. LOL. March 3 is lasagna day. April 2 is prosciutto day. Unfortunately, I probably have enough treats for every day to be "annual ______ day"! And I fear that it would just defeat the purpose!.

I think you are on to something. I really like steak, for dietary reasons I try to eat it only once a month. Then it becomes an event, something I truly enjoy. I could swap out each month and have something different. Maybe even ribs, if I plan for it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Ribs, yum !!!!!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    As I said to the mirror this morning, stop eating the left over Halloween candy you fat *kitten*.

After over 2000 calories of mini bite butterfingers I asked my husband to hide the candy till we give it away on Saturday. They're my favorite and my brain acts as though I couldn't go down to the store any day of the week and buy one, which I never do.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2015
    Enjoy Thanksgiving. :) Hubby and I are spending a quiet day at home. He is cooking something . . . . . (1) cornish game hens, (2) pilaf of wild rice, lentils, white rice, and raisins and (3) maybe something else. We have tons of fruit to sweeten our day.