How do I get started?

Options
ekisselbach
ekisselbach Posts: 57 Member
Hi,
I am new-ish to Keto. I did it when I was much younger but not really sure if I was doing it the healthiest way possible I like to eat organic as much as possible. We use coconut oil for lots of stuff. I find I have a hard time getting just the right # of carbs. I tend to be too far under. I am on Day 3. I have also been doing Cardio 2 times a week and weight training 3 times per week. I am down 6 lbs and 8.5" in the last 3 weeks (since starting the gym). I have not weighed myself this week. I tend to avoid the scale and measure most of the time. I have a kitchen scale that I use as often as I can. My macros are 120/71/20 5'3"

My husband is also going Keto with me.

Replies

• MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to the group. I wouldn't worry about getting too few carbs each day. Most people have a hard time keeping it low enough! What are your carb sources? I would say that for now focus on making sure your protein is at a safe number (so you can enter ketosis) and that you're eating plenty of fat. Too much protein will knock you out or prevent you from entering ketosis. Have you read the book Keto Clarity? That's a good place to start :smile: