not losing in keto? adjust your fat intake

Options
camtosh
camtosh Posts: 898 Member
Here is a blog post about how much fat to eat... worth rethinking if you are in a stall, maybe.
https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/dont-force-the-fat/

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link @camtosh! :smiley:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Trouble is, you have to keep calories in deficit, so don't push too high!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Good point: "I’ve heard of folks out there who, at the end of the day, are eating spoonfuls of fat so that they can “get their fat in” for the day. If you can pinch an inch or more of fat around the waist, you’ve “gotten your fat in” ;)."
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you're tracking your calories, and you've set a realistic calorie goal, this isn't a problem. You can "get your fat in" up to your calorie goal. If you don't track calories (and macros if you're eating low-carb), then it's easy to eat too much of a lot of things.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    If you're tracking your calories, and you've set a realistic calorie goal, this isn't a problem. You can "get your fat in" up to your calorie goal. If you don't track calories (and macros if you're eating low-carb), then it's easy to eat too much of a lot of things.

Calorie goals are a little too arbitrary to me. Unless you've had biometric or hydrostatic testing, you don't really know what your needs are. USDA allows labels to be wrong up to 25%. So with no solid point of reference, I don't really worry about this as much, as long as I feel my eating is truly from hunger, and not from cravings and compulsions, you know? I do try to find a level, but there have been days I've eating 1,200 calories and days I've eaten 3,000 calories, all while losing weight. My general range now is 1,600 to 2,000, give or take activity and hormone fluctuations, etc.

But I never feel the need to "get fat in" unless I feel energy deficient (sodium addresses this far more), and then it's a noticeable difference with just a tiny bit. I always say, carbs are a limit, protein is a goal range, and fats are ONLY to satiety....