What podcasts do you listen to?

Options
robosphere
robosphere Posts: 66 Member
I know Sunny Bunny mentioned the Livin' La Vida Low Carb podcast, which seems to be the most well known LC podcast. Are there any others of merit that fly below the radar? Just curious. I listen to tons of podcasts, but most of them are comedy, NFL or D&D podcasts.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Not technically low carb, but I like Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution podcast. The Everyday Paleo blog's Paleo Talk podcast is good, too, though I think they may have abandoned it (you can still get the old episodes, though).

Completely unrelated, I also listen to the Smart Passive Income podcast, which is an awesome one about creating alternative revenue streams (which can have its own health-improving benefits as you remove yourself from the rat race).
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like Ben Greenfield's, Dave Asprey's and Tim Ferriss's podcasts. Yeah, they're somewhat into the snake oil sales, but the interviews are amazing, and the topics are interesting.
  • robosphere
    Options
    Thanks guys. I never listened to Ben Greenfield, I'll have to check it out. I've heard Dave Asprey and Tim Ferriss - a little too huckster-ish for me. I'll have to revisit Robb Wolff. I remember hearing him a few years ago, but wasn't as into this as I am, currently.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Fatburningman.... not strictly low carb but he does cover the topic quite regularly.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Besides Livin La Vida Low Carb, I listen to Fat Burning Man, SANE Show and Bulletproof Radio. But I mostly just pick and choose the topics and guests of interest. And I do find Dave's a little out there for my taste quite often.
    There are several people that have been guests on some that I want to find their podcasts or others they have been on but I always feel like I need to take notes when I'm listening (ADD) and I can't when I'm driving. I forget a lot of stuff and sometimes listen to one more than a couple times.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Vinnie Tortorich - America's Angriest Trainer. Upsides: can be funny and he has great guests and asks good questions. Downsides - it can be very salty, I suspect occasionally offensive and he is promoting some of his own product (vitamins) and for his sponsors. Ymmv!
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    Vinnie Tortorich - America's Angriest Trainer. Upsides: can be funny and he has great guests and asks good questions. Downsides - it can be very salty, I suspect occasionally offensive and he is promoting some of his own product (vitamins) and for his sponsors. Ymmv!

That's the guy from, what, Boston or something like that? Got that real thick "New Yawk" type accent? He's great, but yeah, not for the easily-offended-by-words crowd. He knows his stuff from what I've heard from him, though (he was a guest on SPI, since there's quite a bit of crossover between self-employment/businesses and the health industry).
  • robosphere
    Options
    I'll have to check it out. Sounds entertaining.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    No idea! From what he's said, he was born in Tennessee or something surprising like that because he does have a strong New York/Jersey vibe - probably the Italian in him. Now based in LA and trains celebrities though he's careful about naming anyone except Howie Mandel who seems to be a big fan.
  • robosphere
    Options
    Thank you guys! I now have Fat Burning Man and Vinnie on my subscription lists. I was actually expecting worse from Vinnie, in terms of vulgarity. I guess that speaks for the other stuff I listen to.
  • Dragonwolf
    Options
    No idea! From what he's said, he was born in Tennessee or something surprising like that because he does have a strong New York/Jersey vibe - probably the Italian in him. Now based in LA and trains celebrities though he's careful about naming anyone except Howie Mandel who seems to be a big fan.

Yep, sounds like the same guy. I remember that training thing. :D
  • stefne888
    stefne888 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a podcast junkie! I listen to all different types but as far as health/wellness, I like: Tips of the Scale, Primal Potential and Half Size Me.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I regularly listen to LLVLC, and the others above occasionally, and also Car Talk and Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me. I need the comic relief!
  • lrosemoore1
    lrosemoore1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lol, this american life , car talk, wait wait, science friday, radiolab...not about diets but excellent brain food for my curious brain.