High Triglycerides????

petr8888
petr8888 Posts: 47 Member
So I want to my doctor to get a sense of my cholesterol situation. So my HDL and LDL are both up from prior. She is concerned about LDL and sending for more tests and she is suggesting possible statins which I will resist.

The surprise is triglycerides - I think she said 2.34 (dont know what that means).

Thoughts????

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I responded on the LCD... LOL :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Do you have all the numbers? I'm assuming that's in mmol/L, but it would help to see the real numbers.
  • petr8888
    petr8888 wrote: »
    So I want to my doctor to get a sense of my cholesterol situation. So my HDL and LDL are both up from prior. She is concerned about LDL and sending for more tests and she is suggesting possible statins which I will resist.

The surprise is triglycerides - I think she said 2.34 (dont know what that means).

Thoughts????
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Do you have all the numbers? I'm assuming that's in mmol/L, but it would help to see the real numbers.

Thanks - I will aim to get numbers but this is totally unexpected. I have lost 2 pounds in the last month and getting red on ketostix and showing high triglycerides - very strange...

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    It is weird. Based on what you're talking about on the thread in the other group, I feel like there's more going on here. Hopefully there is a simple solution and it clears up soon.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Too many carbs.
  • petr8888
    Fit
    Thanks. She is doing thyroid focused testing now. Should have better understanding re drivers, severity etc late next week.