Weekly Post - 01.11.-08.11.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well....I've come to the conclusion that the weight I gained after my operation and in Dublin is not coming off unless I start logging my food on all days again. I'm just a foodie and have no problems eating more than my 1600-1700cals a day. So though my fasts have been OK the past few weeks and I've been doing lots of walking/jogging combos with my care-horse, the weight has not budged in the right direction...for one reason and one reason only....too much food on non fast days. So I will resume logging and counting again for a while until I get myself back under 58kg. Yup, that's my plan and my end of year resolution ;-)

And now off to my sister's for a raclette evening..... :o Logging shall start tomorrow!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Today and this week I am not going to think about the Halloween candy I consumed..... I logged it, but now I'm not going to think about it. Accept and move on, right? Happy November!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh-in was scarier than any of the monsters on Halloween! I am back on the wagon today, though. This week should be pretty good, not much going on. Looking forward to my fast tomorrow. I hope you all have a great week!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Boo.

Not sure anyone noticed, but it looks like we hit 1k members just recently....woohoo!

Carry on
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Uff. You just scared the heck out of me :p

First fast went well. First day counting again too. Sadly my check in with my surgeon wasn't fun...have some keloid on ma abs and will need to have that corrected. ...meaning cutting out the scar tissue and resewing it again. Will be done in two phases in order to help it heal better. Ah well. Gonna get through that too.

Today is going well and fast menus for tomorrow are ready too.

Have a great day.
  • orlcam
    Options
    ouch...sorry for that...you're such a trooper Flumi!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey lovelies happy to see so many beautiful faces (and obscure display pics...ORLCAM...) around :)

Trying to get back into the swing of things with minimal posting and not stressing. 1 day down, onto second day lol. Just trying to focus on day at a time.

It's weird because since February (?) I've been in the same weird place where I don't care about my weight. Obviously, I don't like feeling like I'm popping out of clothes and my old double chin, but it just hasn't been a priority and choose eating over trying. Like it's on the bottom of the list. Or more accurately, my health and feeling healthy have been on the bottom of the list. I've been going back to using and abusing food and feel weight coming back on. I haven't been TRYING to gain weight like I have in the past when I was trying to hurt myself with food, but I have been LETTING IT. Like choosing not to care and as a by-product gaining weight and making myself feel slower and bigger and all the side effects. Who said break-up is easy? I've been having a bad relationship relapse where I won't let it live with me, but I'll let it come crash on my couch haha.

Do you eventually get "used" to your dosage of medicines? I feel like my depression/anxiety med mix is like taking an edge off ever so slightly, but not the same as before. I don't think my social anxiety ever improved that much, but I seriously have been a shut in lately except when my mom drags me out on the weekends. I feel like I work so hard during the week, dressing up for work, putting on a smile, trying my hardest at work, that it's just the worst thing ever to think of having to do it again over the weekend. Not sure why I still feel overwhelmed so easily, but just the thought of doing things everyday is crushing to me. And that's my biggest symptom of my depression for me, so definitely meds are wearing off. I have a physical scheduled on Tuesday so definitely going to get a new dosage.

Anyways, sorry for an unload, but appreciate being able to get it off my chest so I don't have to think about it anymore and can focus on positive affirmations vs negative reinforcement.

Love you all, thanks for always being amazing and not blocking me from the group for being absent hahaha.
  • orlcam
    Options
    Hey Carbmonster...
    Glad to see you back...I've only been lurking, have done some fasts but haven't gotten fully back on the wagon. My whole thing is logging really. I know it's the key, but I need to find that switch I flipped last year and turn it back on. I understand so much of what you are saying...this not caring thing is a vicious circle 'cuz overeating just perpetuates the guilt cycle. Good luck with it and welcome back, hope to join all of you again soon.

Flumi and Foamroller always motivate me...so glad they've stuck around. ...and Snaps has stayed active too!

Rus
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ah Carbi, so sorry to hear of your troubles. If it helps at all, please know, alot of us have had a very tough year, myself included. And I don't mean just weight wise. Hang in there as best you can! I don't know anything about the meds, so I can't help you there. But know, you have been in my thoughts often! I'm still rooting for you! :*
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Summing up my week as a winner. One very good fast, one at 700 with some exercise. And my normal days were on average just a wee bit over my maintainance cals....something I haven't been able to claim in a long while.

As I'm not riding my care horse anymore, but still caring for him as his owner recovers from her fall, I have been getting in lots of walk / run combos in with him. He really seems to like it and it will definitely get me fit! His legs are much longer than mine and he has four of em!!

Really busy at work with good and bad things...Network and PCs were down from Tuesday to Friday!! Good thing I still like paper ;-) We were still able to do all of the planned instructions and experiments thanks to the good ol' white board ;-) And our apprentices played along very well! We gave them big compliments for that this week.

Giving the dating site a break after quite a disappointment two weeks back. At least I realized, I still have some issues myself and will try to solve them before trying again. ATM, I can feel, I am not open to let someone in, so no need to try. But I'll get there.

It's just been a tough year in many aspects and will stay hectic until it ends. But I've learned alot about myself. So It was all necessary. 2016 is around the corner and promises good things ;)