6 week push up challenge.

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
Some of you may recall doing this challenge earlier this year. I joined and never got past week three. My phone still reminds me every other day of the new challenge that day lol. So I'm thinking I will start up again. The weather has started to turn here, though it's suppose to be high sixties this week, odd. So something inside is perfect for me. It'd be nice to unveil some nicely toned arms next spring

Replies

• auntstephie321
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ok can't figure out how to copy and link it. The app I used is called Just 6 weeks. There is a free lite version and the version I have that gives access to all the challenges it was only 2.99.

Eta: there are websites too, I think one it's called 100 push up challenge. I think that lays out the program too, or you could just do it your own way, the goal is to work up to doing 100 consecutive pushups by the end of the six weeks.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I love push ups. But trying to do 100 consecutive gave me exertion headaches, so I went for lower reps and higher effort instead.

I got a set of these for $13, and they help a lot by making the push ups more difficult. :)

s-l140.jpg

Anyway, here's the website:
    http://www.hundredpushups.com/

The site includes links to various apps.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    I love push ups. But trying to do 100 consecutive gave me exertion headaches, so I went for lower reps and higher effort instead.

I got a set of these for $13, and they help a lot by making the push ups more difficult. :)

s-l140.jpg

Anyway, here's the website:
    http://www.hundredpushups.com/

The site includes links to various apps.

Lol thank you for linking it. Those things look cool. I have the regular handle bar looking ones that help a lot to remove the pressure on my wrists
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I had similar issues -- between the nice weather, my back giving me problems at the higher reps, and switching from kneeling pushups to full pushups, I never made it past week 3 or 4 at any given time. I made progress while I was doing it, though, which was nice, but I favored the sun and fresh air over the program. Now that it's turning cold, I might try again if weight lifting still isn't working out for me (again, due to my back; makes me a sad Dragon).
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I had similar issues -- between the nice weather, my back giving me problems at the higher reps, and switching from kneeling pushups to full pushups, I never made it past week 3 or 4 at any given time. I made progress while I was doing it, though, which was nice, but I favored the sun and fresh air over the program. Now that it's turning cold, I might try again if weight lifting still isn't working out for me (again, due to my back; makes me a sad Dragon).

I'm in the same boat, the push ups was going great then I wanted to do more and went to much to fast :( I will stick with the push ups and squat challenge, that's it, until it's done
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I might do this and get my boys to join me. Thanks for the idea!