Need more lifting buddies :)

Options
Isakizza
Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
I'm a newbie to lifting.

Up until recent my only form of strength training was BodyPump class, which I still love. It was with that class I realized I wanted to venture out to the weight room.

I was recommended SL 5x5, love that it's pretty simple to follow. I'm still pretty nervous and intimated in the weight room, lol. Haven't yet grown out of that yet.

What other programs do you use?
Do any of you add to SL?

:smile:

Replies

• atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm also VERY new to lifting. I've started doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

I like it because I can pre-watch the videos before I go :smile:

I'm still a little intimidated by the whole free weight area....but it gets easier every day.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi There. I've been lifting since about April. Prior to that I was doing kettlebells-which I love and still do in between some of my lifting days. I have been following the Starting Strenth program which is very similar to Stronglifts but it is a 3x5 rather than a 5x5 routine. I will say though I was having some back issues so pulled back on the weights and am doing 5x5 so a mix of both I guess. I love doing it now and look forward to my lifting days. I do all my work at home though so not in a gym. I think I would be a bit intimidated too but I would do a training session to get me started and go from there. I'll send you a friend request. Good luck-go for it-you'll love it and what it does for your body!
  • Isakizza
    Options
    I'm also VERY new to lifting. I've started doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

I like it because I can pre-watch the videos before I go :smile:

I'm still a little intimidated by the whole free weight area....but it gets easier every day.

Thanks for the link, gonna look into it. I like the fact you watch the videos, I'm always worried about my form.
  • Isakizza
    Options
    Hi There. I've been lifting since about April. Prior to that I was doing kettlebells-which I love and still do in between some of my lifting days. I have been following the Starting Strenth program which is very similar to Stronglifts but it is a 3x5 rather than a 5x5 routine. I will say though I was having some back issues so pulled back on the weights and am doing 5x5 so a mix of both I guess. I love doing it now and look forward to my lifting days. I do all my work at home though so not in a gym. I think I would be a bit intimidated too but I would do a training session to get me started and go from there. I'll send you a friend request. Good luck-go for it-you'll love it and what it does for your body!

Thanks for the friend request. I was thinking of getting a training session to help me feel more confident in the weight room I just can't afford it just yet. I'm just gonna have to get over it and hit the weights, lol.