VSG this Thursday! Anyone have last minute 2nd thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!!! I needed to see your message today! I just got my call today to schedule my surgery and it is WAY sooner than I had planned! I'm in full blown panic mode, and it has really helped me to read about how well you are doing. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
  • RyanVSG
    RyanVSG Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @angiemollison308 - you will be great. i got myself so worked up one night at 3am laying in bed that i thought i was going to throw up. just focus on the positives as the date/time gets closer and take it one step at a time. look for positive experiences to read about on these boards. granted there's some not-so-good stuff out there, and we rationally know about risks (and we should if we're doing all the research we should), but there's no point to dwell on it. stay optimistic; it's better for your health :)
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you so much Ryan. Good luck getting your water in and keeping yourself moving! I'm so super impressed that you are feeling well enough to walk around, have high spirits, and even reassure some crazy chick lol! I appreciate your encouragement. I know that this is the best decision I'll ever make, but just having a temporary drama moment hahahaha. Keep us updated on your progress!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good to hear all went well! You give us all that are waiting some inspiration. I am less than 3 weeks til my surgery date and I have those mixed feelings. Keep up the good work and we are all here for you!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing so well. I too was amazed that I handled things so well. We are so lucky not to have any complications so far! I pray you continue your great progress. I know you can't wait for water. It was so wonderful to get those first few sips! !
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Glad things went well....
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats, Ryan!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing well, Ryan!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Another success story! Congrats! (Now the fun time of liquid diet begins! Woot woot! )
  • RyanVSG
    Options
    Thanks all! The liquid has begun. So crazy how even a sip of water feels so different now. I knew this was going to change my relationship with food, but on day 1? Crazy! Curious how long the soreness from incisions lasted for folks?
  • martabeerich
    Options
    Soreness? 3-4 days for me.
  • RyanVSG
    Options
    Holy crap. The lion's share of the discomfort was the drain. Removing that thing makes a HUGE difference. Just thought I'd share in case anyone out there reads this and is curious. :)
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Yay to feeling better! Boo to drain! I appreciate the info!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 days out and still have some soreness, but it gets better every day. I didn't have a drain, thank the Lord. You are so right about the tastebuds. Nothing tastes the same to me anymore.
  • martabeerich
    Options
    Didn't have drains with the surgery. (But did have drains after a surgery once. For 8 weeks. Not pretty.) Glad you had them removed. It'll be so much easier day by day.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ew, you had drain, that sucks. I've heard that they can be annoying.