November Miles

Options

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am going for 160 fit bit miles. I was no where close to it in October but I got injured. September was 150 ish so it seems reasonable.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Trying for 150 again.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    This is my first month doing this... I went back for the last few weeks on Fitbit and looked at my schedule for November. It looks like 160 miles is reasonable... maybe a bit of a challenge, but not over the top. So I'm going in for 160.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Slow start if I want to hit my goal. Time to step it up a notch!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    Slow start if I want to hit my goal. Time to step it up a notch!

Same here, but I don't get as many chances to put in steps on weekdays.

There are 2 special factors for me:
    1. I'm signed up for the Fitbit charity thing running from 11/9-11/20. I really need should get steps in to support my chosen charity (ADA). Which means I should expect this week to be better than last week.
    2. From 11/21-11/27, I'm going to be hiking around 82 miles. There will truly be a few more miles than that because I'll probably wander off on side trails to see waterfalls and such, but I should have at least half of my 160 miles during that week (I'll have to update the spreadsheet when I return home, around 11/28-11/29). Also, I hope I bring enough extra battery packs to keep my Fitbit charged during the whole trip.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about the FitForGood, I need to go sign up for that...
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Weekdays are tough here as well between work and family and just daily life. My problem is that unless I have a race on the weekend, I have been lazy. This weekend is my last scheduled race so after this weekend I will need to hold myself accountable for activity on the weekend until Aprill when race season starts up. I may have to find some road races over the winter to keep me moving.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    I'm all ears on anything to keep me motivated over the winter - I think my next race will be in March, and that's a long time to try to keep myself going on my own. I'm not sure I could do a road race over the winter, cold air and my lungs usually don't get along, but that was before I started running so maybe something has changed.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I'm all ears on anything to keep me motivated over the winter - I think my next race will be in March, and that's a long time to try to keep myself going on my own. I'm not sure I could do a road race over the winter, cold air and my lungs usually don't get along, but that was before I started running so maybe something has changed.

I am new to running, so by no means an expert. But I've heard some will keep in shape on a treadmill over the winter, while others brave the cold. If you go out in the cold, practice obvious safety measures... no cotton, have good traction on your shoes, etc.
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Layers are key to surviving winter runs. As mentioned, no cotton, and shoes with traction are important as well. For me, I figure even a couple miles here and there is better than nothing. I will use a treadmill or elliptical over the winter but it is not the same. The biggest thing is to be smart about it. A friend of mine wants me to try snowshoeing this winter. I may give it a shot.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Halfway through the month and I am a little behind my goal. To meet my goal I would have to average 6.5 miles a day. That will be tough with my schedule. It is not impossible though so we will see.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I just updated my weekend numbers and see I have about 95 miles to go this month... so more than half of my 160 mile goal.

From 11/21-11/27, I plan to hike an 82 mile section of the Sheltowee Trace. It will probably be a little bit more than 82 miles total, but I'm trying to be conservative. I've acquired enough battery packs (I believe) to charge my Fitbit each night if needed. I'll plan to leave right after work on 11/20, so will have very few miles that day. I plan to either finish hiking 11/28 if I'm running behind, which won't add to mileage, or driving home. I'll probably be tired 11/29 and back to work on 11/30, so not a lot of mileage those days.

That leaves an additional 13 miles for today through Thurs... 3.25 miles per day (approx. 7,150 steps per day). I do have things that I need to do in the evenings this week, but I should be able to get that on average.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    As of now, I've updated the spreadsheet through yesterday. I have just less than 82 miles to go. It is highly unlikely that I will be back here or on the spreadsheet until 11/28 at the earliest (more likely 11/29). When I update, though, I expect to have completed the full 160 miles set as a goal for this month.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am still behind but I definitely stepped it up this week. This week was the most miles I have logged since the beginning of October. Hopefully next week will be even better!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Missed my goal by 18 miles which isn't as bad as I thought it would be at the beginning of the month. On to December.

If anyone wants to track December here is a link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gsHfAE4bVKdmHQs2d1sIh_kTp-qDXdqUkyo300G4_jM/edit?usp=sharing
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    Finally caught up my tracking, and wow I pretty much ground to a halt during week around Thanksgiving. (To be fair, my scale told me the same thing this morning.) Needed the wake up call. Onwards to December!