Face or Fanny

I'm 54 and ideally would like to lose about 5 lbs. The thing is I don't want my face to get too thin or have wrinkles appear. Maybe drink more water?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    If only water erased wrinkles...(well, I can dream, can't I?)

I'm not sure that losing 5 lbs. would be the defining line between not having wrinkles and having wrinkles. Not sure what you mean. I don't think your face would look any thinner.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. I got down to a weight that was in the lower half of the BMI for my height a few years ago. It still was 10 lbs heavier than my weight as a young adult. Anyway, my body looked great, but when I look back at pictures, I realize that my face looked a bit worn and haggard. I now hope to maintain about 10 lbs heavier than that weight! (20 lbs heavier than young adult weight).

I think that you won't know how thin is too thin until you get there. Then you can bulk back to a more appropriate weight if needed. That should be fun!
  • straykats
    straykats Posts: 2 Member
    That's what happened to me. I've been getting compliments since I've gained 10lbs. back. But I want to try to lose 5 lbs.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Maybe try using a good moisturizing lotion?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    If you're so thin that a few pounds are the difference between looking beautiful and vibrant, or tired and older, those probably aren't pounds that need to be lost for your health.