Water Proof After Battery Change?

Options
enterdanger
enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
Hi, I have the vivofit and wanted to ask about the device staying water proof after battery change. I wear mine pretty much all the time and swim at least once or twice a week. I just changed the battery last night (man those screws were hard to get out) and took it off even to shower this morning as I was afraid it wasn't waterproof anymore. I'd hate to ruin it taking it in the water. Any experience with this?

Replies

• ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes I took mine out about 6 months ago and had the same fear. I even had hubby double check I had tightened the screws sufficiently (without over tightening and cracking the thread). It has been fine, no fogging of the face at all.

I swim occasionally but my biggest fear was the heated spa pool - but no worries, the electronic component is still as good as new (the band did fall apart around the 12 month mark).
  • enterdanger
    Options
    I changed mine the day I posted and so far so good. It's been submerged in kids bath, my shower, and dish washing but I haven't tried it at the pool yet.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Really dumb question but how do you know when it's time to change the battery? I've had mine almost a year now.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply @2CABetterMe When you sync it will actually tell you. I have to sync with the ANT stick because I made a poor life decision and got a Windows Phone (no app). It popped up on the computer while I was syncing. Not sure how that goes if syncing on your phone, but I'd assume it would be the same.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks enterdanger for the reply. Right now I sync on my tablet as I have a Blackberry Q10. Looking to upgrade to the Blackberry Priv and will be able to track on my phone.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Really dumb question but how do you know when it's time to change the battery? I've had mine almost a year now.

That's not a dumb question at all. I had mine for a year as well and I was expecting to change the battery by now. Still going. That and being waterproof were the main reasons for my choice last year.
  • stevedawk3800
    stevedawk3800 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of statements about waterproof. I received one for Christmas. Can I really take a shower in my Garmin vivofit?
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken mine off in a year Steve. That includes swimming for hours. I was a little more careful in the hot tub though :)
  • stevedawk3800
    Options
    OK thanks.
    I haven't taken mine off in a year Steve. That includes swimming for hours. I was a little more careful in the hot tub though :)

• enterdanger
    Options
    I wear mine in both the pool and the ocean
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I swam pretty much every day over the summer and never had a problem. :-)
  • stevedawk3800
    Options
    OK. Received one for Christmas and was just wondering.
    MissTattoo wrote: »
    I swam pretty much every day over the summer and never had a problem. :-)

• Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I changed the battery's in mine about a month ago and I swim 4 times a week and shower with it on, I've not had any problems