Salt

Options
NewSue52
NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
Help!!

What do you do to add salt to your diet. I am always way under on my sodium. Do you just add salt to your water? How do you track the additional salt.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I eat salty foods rather than adding salt from a shaker. A couple shakes from a shaker might give you a few milligrams of sodium. A bowl of soup might give you 1000mg. A slice of dill pickle, 300mg. Some preserved meat (lox, jerkey, etc), some fermented cabbage (sauerkraut, kimchee), some pickled peppers, etc -- all will give you a bunch.

So will a burger from McDonalds. Up to 2000mg!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't like salty water, so I do a pinch of Pink Himalayan Crystals, let them rest in my mouth enough for my taste buds to register the saltiness, then swallow them down like a pill. I do that once about every 16-32 oz of water. I salt my foods and eat salty foods. I'm currently banned from all things broth (MSG potential trigger for recent migraine development), but pickles, pickle juice, etc.? Awesome....
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I ordered sodium chloride pills from the internet. They have 1000mg of sodium each. I supplement with 2 daily on top of adding salt to food. It is just an easier, measured way to get it in.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'll add in some pickles and check out the soup idea.