Logging Frustrations!!

Options
daylitemag
daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
I've been off and on using MFP since 2011. Is it just me or is the food database out of control? I'm finding it very frustrating trying to log my meals. Yesterday I saw "verified" entry for dry roasted peanuts that listed a cup as being 160 Cals!

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    "Verified" means guaranteed WRONG!!!!
    I use an old diabetes meal planner for my meat entries.
    An Atkins book for veggies.
    Most of the stuff I scan in is wrong these days too.
    You're better off building your own personal database.
    Too many people adding whatever they want.

>:) OR o:)
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree. And some of it needs more description as to what's included especially meals with a bunch of ingredients.
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was having that problem too, how do you know it's verified? what is the green tick beside things?
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    People need to suggest that the data base needs editing. There is a place to put such suggestiins
  • daylitemag
    Options
    "Verified" means guaranteed WRONG!!!!
    I use an old diabetes meal planner for my meat entries.
    An Atkins book for veggies.
    Most of the stuff I scan in is wrong these days too.
    You're better off building your own personal database.
    Too many people adding whatever they want.

>:) OR o:)

LOL! Yes, I'm going to have to create more of my own foods so I know they are accurate and just as importantly, easy to find. Using the standard database I am finding is actually an impediment to logging. It sometimes takes too long to find something so I just give up and that's not helpful

It i
  • daylitemag
    Options
    tishball wrote: »
    I was having that problem too, how do you know it's verified? what is the green tick beside things?

I think the green tick just means that some users have clicked that they agree with the nutrition info. You also have the option to click that you disagree with the info and correct it. I've tried doing that and found it wouldn't always register what I had input and that's extra frustrating.

I have also tried entering a "new food" only to have MFP tell me it already exists but it doesn't come up in a search of the DB.