Long term low carbers: Do you notice a difference in how often or intensely you get sick?

Options
2»

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I might get a sore throat for a day, or have the sniffles for a couple days, but I travel around a lot so it could be regional allergens.
    Haven't had the flu since college I don't think.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    After over 10 months of LCHF I don't think I've had any illness in the last 8 months until I caught my first cold this past week. It seems to have disappeared after a couple days. That is unusual, colds usually take a week to go away. Overall, feeling great!
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am sick with a respiratory virus right now. Overall, I find that I don't get sick very often, but two of my three kids were sick last week with Strep throat and Croup, so yeah...sometimes, it just happens.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF since mid March. I made it through the spring bloom with allergy meds. I have since been able to discontinue the use of my allergy meds!! The fall bloom got me. Sniffles for a few days, then it was gone, with no medications required! Before LCHF, it would have turned into a full blown sinus infection!

I'm supper happy!! Keep on keepin on friend! :smiley:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I am sick with a respiratory virus right now. Overall, I find that I don't get sick very often, but two of my three kids were sick last week with Strep throat and Croup, so yeah...sometimes, it just happens.

It does. I finally caught something. But I missed about 3 other things the kids brought home recently. So, I count that a win.